Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the time has come for me and my buddy's to hit the Bank's of the MWCD Lake's of Ohio again, In search of them Big ol cat's that call these lake's home, I have a few question's and was hoping some Fellow brother's could help us out?................. First off What is everyone getting there Flatheads off of?, what type of live bait, or cut bait, bottom rig's,Float's,................. Second question is location, I have a spot that produced every time we hit it last yr but it was a spot we could only get 20-25lb fish from we never got 1 bigger than 25lbs outta this spot last yr, It has a creek channel running through it apx 15ft deep in the channel and 10-12 feet deep off the side's where it drop's off into the channel All surrounded by Rock and boulder's, last yr we suspended live bait's up to 22in over that creek channel and the biggest Flathead we got was a 25lber and our small bait's never got a bump, If we fish this spot should we run a bottom rig,float rig w/ a kat float or just suspend a bait with no float? .....My second spot is a long narrow bay mabey 5-10ft deep at the mouth of the bay i have never fished this spot for Flathead's but have seen and heard of them coming outta this bay, should i fish a float rig or a bottom rig?..... There is some wood cover that was put in hear a long time ago by a friend of mine but it is only 10-15ft off the bank would the Flathead's be looking for spawning cover this early in the yr? i know the water is warm and all I'm just at a loss on what to do and i would like to see 1 of us get into a decent Flathead, would love to see my Wife catch her first Flathead............... just all this nice weather were having and water temp's up i don't see why they shouldn't bite i just need a little help is all ....Any info will help guy's Thank You .........SNIPER

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I fished Tappan Sat night for channels. The temps were 65-67........not much change from 3 weeks ago. The channels are hitting good. From what I have heard the flatties are also hitting good. I haven't seen any big ones, but they are hitting. I guess it's just like everything else. You gotta fish and fish a lot to catch fish.....hahaha

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.