may be looking good for the neuse after this week!

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by CatSlayer715, Sep 22, 2009.

1. CatSlayer715

CatSlayer715 New Member

State:
    gville NC
    The weather forcast predicts rain and thunderstorms all week and weekend excepts sat. Hopefully we will get a good rain to raise these ridiculously low water levels!! Im tired of having to jump out of the boat to get off a sand bar! If this helps us out a lot, i imagine i'll be making a trip to the neuse to get on some bigg'ns.

2. mdavis

mdavis New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Somehow I posted twice....sorry.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009

3. mdavis

mdavis New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I’ve never heard of anyone really wanting rain before. :) We love low water Rivers from where I come from. During this time all the fish are congregated in the deeper holes and stuck there waiting for us to catch them. Usually Low water = a lot of fish for us.

Now its a diffrent story if you have already caught all the fish from those holes. :)

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  4. CatSlayer715

CatSlayer715 New Member

State:
    gville NC
    well i understand what youre saying but on the neuse, the water levels are so low, that you can't get to some places on the river. My lower unit on my motor looks like someone took a bat to it! LoL, im not asking for rain for bite purposes, just navigation purposes. If the river would rise 2-4 ft, it would be so much easier to get to where im going.

5. The Flathead Reaper

The Flathead Reaper New Member

State:
    Grays Cree
    well high water actually opens feeding opportunities also.........it can affect the bite either way.......but in our neck of the woods this time of the year with water temps and oxygen levels like they are.....its hard to fish period:wink:!

6. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    Hope you hook into some dandies!