May 1st fishing report

Discussion in 'MARYLAND RIVER TALK' started by Bob R, May 2, 2007.

1. Bob R

Bob R New Member

State:
    Woodbridge, VA
    I fished with BOC member Mo Hicks on Tuesday afternoon. We Left out of Leesylvania around 2pm then went over and picked up shad in the Occoquan river channel just before the no wake zone. The river channel is full of shad and had all we needed in just a few casts. Then headed upriver to the Fort and set up. Within 15 minutes Mo landed a 46 pound blue and I followed with a 32, 25, and a 26. All from the same spot in about an hours time. All fish were caught at the beginning of the incoming tide. After that we did some prospecting down river trying to lacate bigger fish without any luck. If anyone is having success fishing the lower parts of the river any advise you can give would be appreciated. We cant find anything over 15 lbs below Mt Vernon.

This is a picture of Mo and his PB 46 pounder.
    [​IMG]

2. rit.05

rit.05 New Member

State:
    VA
    I'll be out this Saturday after the kid's soccer game. Should be working over the Ft Washington area. I'll be happy with anything over 20 pounds...

3. Bob R

Bob R New Member

State:
    Woodbridge, VA
    Not only was the 46 pounder Mo's personal best but the 32 pounder that I caught was also my Personal best. The 46 was our boat best ever. Just a great day of fishing for two good friends. I dont know how it could be any better. Appreciate what we have in this river.

4. oran

oran Guest

Congrads on the PB. I know how it could get better,how about 2-3 50 lbs. with a 60 lb to top it off. Just kidding, congradulation.

5. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Oran them days airn't all that far off if people handle the fish right we will see them days very soon

6. speciallibXO

speciallibXO New Member

State:
    Maryland
    SOunds like a good day of fishing. I've got the severe catfish itch right now since I've been gone for awhile. Thing is I'm leaving again here real soon and won't have the opportunity to get out on the river. Should be home for a bit though around July and Tawn should be back and maybe we can get into a couple of tournaments. Good to see everyone on the chat boards.

Nathan

7. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Welcome Back nathan if you need to get out just give me a call

8. Anythinggoes

Anythinggoes New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Bob R,
    Congrats on a good day! FYI - I don't think the picture you posted can be viewed by anyone else. It says "Sorry Forbidden." Anyone else having issues?

Mike

9. Bob R

Bob R New Member

State:
    Woodbridge, VA
    picture of 46 pounder from tuesday

Attached Files: