Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Last weekend wasn't uneventful for sure. We got down to WDM Saturday morning and when we got all the stuff out of the (pocket car) what we saw was a totally different river in front of us. The hydro was trucking. We fished for bait and checked out the flow at the hydro. The guys were using 12 oz and they were gettn thrown nearly right back to the bank. The baitfish were in there but they must of been wore out from all that current and wouldn't hit a lick. So to the net, Ray went! He got two or three good throws that covered us in bait. We decided we just had to walk the walk and go across to the dam side. Not much biting over there slow, slow, did I say slow? I caught one nice size channel and got to let a couple blues go to grow. Got to love them little gruntn' things.... Text Carson and Tim (Remembering last weekend & the waving at the wrong boat:struggle:) LOL So I was gonna make sure...They came bankside & Carson had caught a ten pounder the day before and they had caught 1 that day. Carson is such a good kid ya should pat yourself on your back Tim. Think they were shark hunting too! LOL Asked Tim to cut the River fan on cause it was mighty hot out there...Without any wind and He told me it was broke! GGGRRRR
Well It sprinkled :rain:eek:ff and on and well honestly it was nice cause it cooled a bit.
Lost my balance once and hubby could of swore I walked on water! LOL hubby caught one super fat nice blue but he is going to see another day too......after the walking on water thingy..... I decided to put a gizzard shad head on cause it was tiny and tried to be patient lol fishing for bait ...
Then My pole bent clear into. I am running OK walking fast on them rocks over to my pretty pink pole....MAN! it felt like a huge rock that jerked every now and again. Like nothing I ever felt. It would yank then just stop still in its tracks and wiggle then yank. I got jerked once so bad gravity made me bit him on on my butt the rest of the way but I wasn't giving this one up. I just had to see what was on that hook! It was a flat! OMG!What a flat...My very first flatty. Now I know why Johnnie flathead hunts. What a rush.... Weighed out at 13... Well we decided a bit later time to get us something to eat. That Pendleton Inn can really cook some catfish! MMMMMMMM We were both half starved and it was great....
We got up the next morning hunting of course a coffee pot (OPPS! My Bad I forgot it) LOL we were fueled up and ready to go. Got out around 7am and the hydro side was still truckn so we walked the walk across to the dam side of the hydro. It doesn't dance that bad over on that side. Got all experimental but being hyper....sometimes ends that way. Picture attached.
Ray caught a blue and I caught a blue on my play pole! LOL reckon he was about 7 or 8 Ray said and it was really fun getting him in on that play pole of mine!
Saw Hogeye(Michael) on the banks and He too was having a slow day. Then it started...The darkness, the smell of Rain in the air, the thunder. So we hurried up and packed up and watched as the clouds got darker and darker...Then the wind! LOL (Reckon Tim had a remote on the river fan cause I almost ended up gettn blown into the river...Next time Tim No super charge ok>? Ray Michael, and myself were tryn to hurry across the hydro and it started pouring........Oh, well by the time we all got across we were soaking wet. Hopped into the pocket car and off we went. Saw the rainbow on the way home and the picture doesn't colorize it well. Reckon it will be a bit before the river that way gets right again and reckon I will have to learn patience yet again!

Attachments

· Registered
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My hubby raysplay. See, the last couple weeks he has stayed up after working graveyard and went to wdm with me. Tired is a understatemet. He knows it has been major stressful at work and fixing the nerves require fishing time for me. I thank the man upstairs everyday that hubby loves to fish as much as I do. He like critters too! Wink! which for those who know me is a huge plus! I think we have battled the cold, the rain, a tornado, to 105 degree heat to fish. We have caught many and we have came home with none. We have let them go to grow days, fishing for friend days, and allow them to see another day... days! But every single time, personal best, or not one bite we have a blast together on those rocks.. Girls ask all the time why we fish so much? Only answer I ever give is it is my prozax.....One on one time with hubby to just be.........
No phones ringing,
no work to do,
no worrys or cares
just enjoying the view!

· Registered
569 Posts
Hey Glenda, once again we enjoyed your breakdown of the days events. Thanks so much for the kind words about Carson! I'm simply thankful that he enjoys spending so much time down there with me. There is an old saying that if you keep your kids fishing, you don't have to fish for your kids and I think that rings true.

Congrats on your first Mr. Flattie...it's too bad we left before you caught him. We would have liked to have seen the tussle but were starving for lunch. Love the pictures...keep 'em coming-

See you and Ray on the river again soon

· Registered
1,846 Posts
Congrats Glenda, See, put in time, reap the rewards. Nice flatty. Ray those rocks can be comfortable if you get the right ones LOL. So much rain lately everything is rollin here. Taking my grandson to the lake this weekend so he can catch some perch. gonna be fun im sure.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.