May 15, last day of snagging on Mississippi River in Missouri

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by thomas feldon, May 13, 2006.

1. thomas feldon

thomas feldon New Member

State:
    Farmington, MO.
    Anyone going to try for some spoonies on the Mississippi this weekend? Only 3 days left. for snaggin.
    Waters up,their in close too.
    Friend's of mine been getting a couple here and there.
    Haven't got one yet because of working too much. But I'm going to give it all this weekend.
    Even if I get into some bighead's it'll be a good time.
    Let us know how you do.:cross:

2. Hannibal Mike

Hannibal Mike New Member

State:
    Hannibal, MO
    The Missi is a bit high. I tried for a short time last Thursday and did not do well below lock and dam 22. I did not hit any asian carp either! The MO DOC was shocking fish in the area and they said that they had only hit 2 spoonies. They were mostly getting sturgeon and white bass. I am off monday, but I think that the season is over for me. Hannibal Mike

3. thomas feldon

thomas feldon New Member

State:
    Farmington, MO.
    Well, after fishing most all the evening yesterday and for 5 hour's today all I caught was cold on the mississippi. Lost 8 treble hook's and 24 oz of lead.
    My wife caught 3 Drum on worms and said "best mother's day gift I could get was braggin rights over you." Well happy Mothersday to you, I said.":roll_eyes: . That will teach me to let her out of our cave
    Dang women anyway. Make them go fishing even if they don't won't to and they out do ya and brag. Shoot I'm going to make her play the lottery and brag.:lol:

4. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I wanted to go catfishing today, but I had to work. My girlfriend and her dad went out on the Illinois River about 65 miles up from the Mississippi and on his first cast net throw he caught a spoonbill. He oviously had to throw it back but I thought it was pretty neat.

5. Chanellocked

Chanellocked New Member

State:
    Lake St. Louis, MO
    I didn't get chance to go on account of moving, I did manage to boat 2 spoonies at LOZ back April, so I guess that will have to last..Take care