Maxximus Reels

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by xringer3, Aug 4, 2007.

1. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey everybody, I've been looking at a strange reel I found on the internet that looks really cool. It's called a Maxximus and the only place I can seem to find them is in the UK. They have different sizes like the ambassadeurs, but are shaped different.

They look like they share the same parts as the ambassadeurs like the handle, drag star, line guide assembly, and so forth. They're kinda egg shaped instead of round but the spool release button looks just like the one on a 7000.

I was wondering if anyone has ever used one and how they compared in quality to the ambassadeurs. Does anyone know if I can get one anywhere here in the states? I'd like to get my hands on one and give it a try. I kinda like the 555 and 666 models in the black with the anti reverse bearing.

2. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Fladen Fishing AB.:::http://www.fladen fishing.se/Servlet:::E-mail:::info@fladenfishing.se:::You may have to hit their "english" at the top of the page.After checking out their website.I think they only sell in Europe and they do not make their own reels but have other companies make them.Keep us advised.I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

3. peewee williams

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    http://www.fladenfishing.se/Servlet Trying again.I think I let my "Spell Check"ambush me again.I hope!I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

4. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
  5. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
  6. peewee williams

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I have been sitting here twisting and turning a Penn 345 GTI while looking at the Maxxum pictures.The general shape looks the same.It seems to be shaped like a cross between a round reel and a low profile like the Penn 345 is.Is there some kind of "good" in this shape or is it just a " simply divine look" to a NYC designer?Have I got a Designer Reel,like them "Designer" drawers you can buy?Come to think of it,it is "Comfortable" to use.Maybe "Custom" is the word us "Macho" fellers should use.Heh,heh.My mind and body sure keeps me laughing now days.I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

7. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I just thought it might be cool because it's "different". I'd be the first on my block to have one, LOL. I was just wondering if the quality and strength were the same as the ambassadeur reels. I does look a little lower in profile though.

8. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    im gonna have to look for some different pictures because the one i linked to looked round like an abu???????

9. peewee williams

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Yea.Fladen Fishing AB sells Spinning,low profile,egg shaped and round reels along with all kinds of other gear in Europe.I love You Brothers and Sisters.peewee