MAXIMA ULTRAGREEN is it worth the $

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by riverbud55, Nov 14, 2006.

1. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    Cant find any info on the board on maxima line, bought some when i couldnt find any other 25lb at the(big game) sporting good store didn't like spending the extra money (2x)on it but wanted 25lb line for my 6501c3 so spent the money. used it this past summer and ended up loving it. Seams to be a very strong line with very low memory, now i have put some 15lb on my abu 5601c4 and 40lb on a abu 7001bg, never been able to get anything to cast as good as this line.

just wondering if anybody has anything good or bad to say about it

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    What kinda $$$$ we talkin here? After this review I may have to give it a whirl. LOL!

3. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    I'm with ya George, It's always nice to get the reviews from the members here rather than some comparision in a magazine:confused2:

4. IrishO'Brady

IrishO'Brady New Member

State:
    Ga
    @ tacklewarehouse a 250 yd spool of twenty lb test will put you back 13.99. The reviews are read basically said the line was good , limp mono but didn't perform in saltwater tests well at all.

May check it out one of these days

5. riverbud55

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    chris do you know what the problems were with the line, was it salt water related, I never have had any problems at all but i didnt do any scientific test on it, all i know is more often then not when i get snaged with the 40lb on i end up breaking lose of anchor before it will break off. leave my rod&reels on the bottom of my boat in the desert sun for days on end fishing and seams just as good now as it did 4 months ago. Put some on my penn 321gti this last weekend and the thing never casted so well, i realy thought the reel was a junk as far as casting goes untill i put the maxima on it after having BG on it since it was new, now when i cast it will cast ferther and with no back lashes:big_smile: :big_smile:

6. IrishO'Brady

IrishO'Brady New Member

State:
    Ga
    go to tackletour and check out the full review ( I LOVE this site for reviews, its super informative) ((I hope I dont get in trouble for posting this... whoops))

The line "dried out" and became crispy after saltwater use
    The gist of the review was that they were impressed with the small test line (like 2lb) but after that noticed no difference in comparison to other lines. And being it had a premium price on avg performance they gave it a 7.5

This doesnt reflect my opinion , only theirs. Ill try it out for myself soon.

What was interesting was their tests using IGFA certified machines on Trilene Big Game 50lb versus Ande premium 50lb.- Just thought you might wanna check that out.

The Trilene was in fact much better.

7. riverbud55

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    wow great site bro. thanks thats the kinda info i have been looking for, sounds to me the problems with the line are a salt water problem

8. Anguluva

Anguluva New Member

State:
    Sri Lanka
    Maxima ultragreen is my line of choice and all my fishing is done in the sea. I use this line in my casting reels and it has performed flawlessly tackling some of the worlds hardest fighting fish, the Giant Trevally, from shore. All line gets damaged by exposure to heat and the suns ultraviolet rays so would strongly suggest you do not keep your tackle in a boat exposed to the sun any longer than you are in the boat yourself fishing. Take the reels in to the house with you.
    Also, try out Maxima Chameleon it is a great line too. :big_smile: