Maumee River

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by x smokin joe, Jul 8, 2007.

1. x smokin joe

x smokin joe Well-Known Member

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    Not a bad night of fishing, 4 Flats and 6 channels. Biggest flat was 25 lbs, smallest was 12.

Attached Files:

2. impak209

impak209 New Member

State:
    Toledo, Ohio, U
    You seem to have way better luck on the Maumee than I do, if you ever feel like having a tag along let me know. Maybe you could show me what I'm doing wrong out there.

3. Leiter

Leiter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats on your fish. Where about are you fishing the Maumee? I fished Independence dam, and up closer to the Auglaize with no luck at all? What are using for bait? How are you fishing it? Sorry for all the ???'s I just need a fix for a flathead.LOL. I gonna try the Grand rapids area if i can get my boat in. Thaks in advance. Josh Leiter

4. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Nice going X!

:roll_eyes:

5. x smokin joe

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    I was fishing between Providence Dam and Independance Dam. I was using bluegill, chubs, and had 1 sucker about 14 inches, thats what I caught the biggest 1 on. Was using a bullhead about a foot long that had a good run but he spit it out at the bank. Was using balloons for bobbers with bait about 2 feet down.
    You can get your boat in at Mary Jane Thurston marina, it was closed but its open now. Head upstream past the 109 bridgethe skiers and tubbers are pretty bad tillalmost dark but gets real good after they leave and most of them turn around at the bridge.
    I might be going to Providance Damn Tuesday night for channels, if you wanna tag along then let me know. You need to be prepared to wade and possibly get wet falling in a hole, but thats 1 way of finding the hole to fish in.

6. dylan543

dylan543 New Member

State:
    ohio
    hey x i have been fishing at the independence dam and have only caughten on channel 5 pounds but i really want to catch some flats. so please give me some tips i fish like right at the dam i sometimes go on the deep end of the dam.I need help with cut and live bait defenentally live bait so please help me
    .:big_smile:

7. impak209

impak209 New Member

State:
    Toledo, Ohio, U
    If you decide on going Tuesday night, I'd be happy to join ya

8. x smokin joe

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    Its supposed to rain but if its not storming I'm going. I'll post in this thread and let you know for sure by about 7 or 8 tues night. This is a channel trip, we prob wont see a flat, but I've got a few before going for channels. I usually don' leave the house till 10:30-11 and it takes me about 15 minutes to get to the dam. Ignore the sign that says park closes at 11. Thats Grand Rapids side at Mary Jane Thurston, not Providance park on Rt 24.

9. x smokin joe

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    looking like I'm going tonight. I'll be at the dam between 11:15 and 11:30.Bring shoes to wade in, I'll bring the bait. Double check here before going in case those storms roll in too close.

10. impak209

impak209 New Member

State:
    Toledo, Ohio, U
    I went out to providence park, the boat launch area, the dam area, they were all locked. Then I went over by Mary Jane Thurston as well, couldn't find a way to the dam. You'll need to let me know how and where your parking next time.

11. Eudora

Eudora New Member

State:
    Lambertville, MI
    Joe:

Nice job on those 4 flatties. Did you relase them after you photographed 'em?

12. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Here we go again:roll_eyes:

13. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    yup and it will never stop either untill everyone is schooled!!!!! lol