Maumee river

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by x smokin joe, May 14, 2007.

1. x smokin joe

x smokin joe Well-Known Member

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    Just got back from fishing providance dam and did pretty good with the channels. Was there about 4 hours and landed 12. I was going for the channels below the dam and talked to the ranger and he told me a guy got a 30lb flathead yesterday above the dam.

2. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    How far is that from Maumee State Park?

Welcome to the BOC.

3. x smokin joe

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
  4. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    theres a bait shop right on the canal there in down town grand rapids and he has a big tank full of live shad:tounge_out: :big_smile:

5. x smokin joe

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    He has bluegills, chubs and shad right now, he'll have goldfish pretty soon. If you get a big one in the middle of the night he a has a large cage in the canal to put your fish in till he opens in the morn to weigh it, unfortunatly the canal is empty now and the cage is out of the water.

6. Eudora

Eudora New Member

State:
    Lambertville, MI
    A 30lb. flathead, eh? You said it was above the dam? That sure gets my heart pumpin'. Looking forward to doin' some fishin' down there this summer. Good luck to all.

Andy

7. x smokin joe

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    He caught it on a nightcrawler sitting on the boat ramp at about 3 in the afternoon. 30 lb was what the ranger told me, talked to the guy that owns the bait store (he weighed it on real scales) and it was 24 lbs not 30, still a decent fish.
    The channels slowed down on hitting. I was slamming them earlier in the week.