Maumee River Saturday

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Eudora, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Eudora

Eudora New Member

State:
    Lambertville, MI
    Hello all:

Went out last night (Saturday) for a few hours on the Maumee. River looked good, it wasn't running too high. Me and Penaut (my dog and trusty fishing companion) fished two different spots with no action. We were fishing some large live suckers, and it was a real bummer too, beacusae for once a dozen large suckers stayed alive all night in my bait bucket. Oh well, there will be plenty more good nights this summer. Man, it felt good to be out there though! If anyone else has been out on the Maumee or in the area, let me know if you've done any good.

Andy

2. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Isn't the Maumee a good spring walleye river?

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    the maumee river is an excellent walleye river in the spring Blacky. I have been up there a few times myself. Not gonna make it this year though due to planning other trips to the ohio river for flatheads. Gas prices are just too high to go everywhere! rollo

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Too bad you did not have any luck, bu tI know you enjoyed yourself.

5. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    yeah i dont know if there are more walleye or fishermen in that river in spring! lol mite be different now i havent been there since the early eighties

like shane said at least you enjoyed yourself bro. i have been thinking of trying for some, temps are getting there.

6. Eudora

Eudora New Member

State:
    Lambertville, MI
    Forget it, the walleye fishermen are shoulder-to-shoulder. I just drove over the river today, and it's thick with walleye fanatics. I even saw a concession stand set up along the river. Wish they would kick up that much dust for the native flatheads, but maybe it's better they didn't. Rollo, where did you fish when you came to the Maumee, just curious.

7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    sending you an email now...rollo

8. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Michigan-tough state for flatheads.

I heard there are not many rivers that have them.

9. Eudora

Eudora New Member

State:
    Lambertville, MI
    Yeah, there are only a handful of rivers on the Southwest side of the state that have flatheds. I know the St. Joseph, Kalamazoo, Grand, and Muskegon Rivers hold them, as well as Muskegon Lake. For me, the closest place to fish is Northwest Ohio. I've done pretty well, but am always looking to do better. Hoping to acquire a boat this summer, maybe that will increase my chances.

10. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    at a boy rollo, keep it from the lurkers!!!!!