Maumee River Revival

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Eudora, May 6, 2008.

1. Eudora

Eudora New Member

State:
    Lambertville, MI
    I just wanted to see if anyone in the Northwest ohio area (or anywhere for that matter) would be interested in getting together for an evening of fishing on the Maumee River in the coming weeks. Let me know what you guys think.

Andy

2. x smokin joe

x smokin joe Well-Known Member

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    Possibly the 1st or 2nd week in June. I'm busy at work and have this month filled. I know a few spots I'll share and a few I've wanted to try or one someone else knows. Randy (Impak209) will go I'll have to let him know when, his computer is down.

3. BG CAT

BG CAT New Member

State:
    Westerville OH
    I am good almost any weekend.

BG

4. Eudora

Eudora New Member

State:
    Lambertville, MI
    Hey guys:

The first weekend in June would probably be best for me, but let me check with my family and make sure -- my brother's getting married on June 14th. Should be a good time.

Andy

5. x smokin joe

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    I was wrong, 1st weekend in June I am going to be out of town, second weekend is best for me.

6. Eudora

Eudora New Member

State:
    Lambertville, MI
    Joe:

The weekend of the 14th is my brother's wedding here in the Detroit area, but if you wanted to look out to the next weekend, that should work for me. I'll book it once I hear from you.

Andy

7. Mr_Catfish

Mr_Catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I can do the first weekend in June.Or any other weekend doesn't Matter to me.

8. Eudora

Eudora New Member

State:
    Lambertville, MI
    Hey guys:

How is Saturday, June 21st for you guys?

Let me know.

Andy

9. coble9

coble9 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'd like to, but my wife is 37 weeks pregnant, scheduled for a c section next week, so I am just gonna be able to think bout fishin for a while, good luck and let us know how it goes. Where do you guys live around, I'm from continental, in putnam county, but I camp the summers at grand rapids

10. Eudora

Eudora New Member

State:
    Lambertville, MI
    Hey Pat. Sounds like you've got your hands full. i live in Monroe, Michigan, but I fish in the Grand Rapids area quite a bit. Let me know when you'll be in that area, maybe we can hook up.

Andy

11. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    where are you thinking of meeting?

12. Eudora

Eudora New Member

State:
    Lambertville, MI
    I was going to head down to the Grand Rapids area, but am willing to go anywhere -- Defiance, Napoleon, or beyond.

13. Mr_Catfish

Mr_Catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I got 39 and 43lbers last Friday then got a 27lber Sat. .I'm from Dupont and fish the Maumee all over.I gotta work the 21st but maybe when I get off I can meet ya'll.

14. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    hey pedro remember me runing into you at independence dam?

15. x smokin joe

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    I have something going on during the day on the 21st, but could swing in sometime that evening and fish all night. Might be able to take some time to catch bait first, if not I can stop at providence dam and net some shad. Looks like a spot is all that needs to picked.
    I haven't fished much west of 109 and am partial to the Turkeyfoot North area. There is a mud ramp where I usually put my jonn boat in. It is close enough to Mary Jane Thurston to launch a bigger boat if needed. Also during the day there are lots of skiers and jet skis running up and down there. If you consider this spot, you need to be there early enough to get the area or it might fill up and the good spots taken.
    Not real sure what's west of there but I'm always open to trying new spots. A freind and me did drive to Independance dam once to check it out but there were way too many people there that time and it was a driving trip not a fishing trip. We stopped at a few spots between Napolean and Defiance that trip too and found a ramp to put the boat in.

16. Eudora

Eudora New Member

State:
    Lambertville, MI
    Man, Pedro, you're doing a lot better than I am so far this year. If you guys can't make it out til late, I plan on fishing pretty late on Saturday night, so if you can make it out, it would be great. I'm not sure where I'mm fishing yet, but I'm open to suggestions. Hope everyone can make it.

Andy

17. x smokin joe

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    Bringing this back up to see if anyone is planning to show up on the 21st. Turkeyfoot North is one suggested place and we are open for others.

18. Leiter

Leiter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I cant seem to find any shad at the dam in Grand Rapids. I plan on taking my kids and nephews fishing at Providence dam but wanted to catch some shad first or when we got there. I planned on using a cast net but I have a sein net as well. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

19. Eudora

Eudora New Member

State:
    Lambertville, MI
    Joe:

I will be getting out there in the mid-afternoon, around say 4:30 or 5. I was goiing to get some Koi and maybe some bluegill if I have time. Let me know what your plans are. I will be at North Turkeyfoot, but I can meet you anywhere. I've got 5 good Ambassadeur's (2 6500's and 3 7000's) all spooled with 40 pound fluorocarbon. I've got two bait baskets and plenty of rigs. I don't know if anyone is coming with me, I may be flying solo. My number is 734-347-3318. Give me a shout sometime early next week or sooner and we can iron out plans. Looking forward to it.

Andy

20. Mr_Catfish

Mr_Catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My buddy and I took the boat around napoleon area last night and got 17 flatheads.That makes 23 myself for the year(only been out 5 times).With a total of 433lbs.I'll try to make it next weekend.