MAUMEE RIVER REVIVAL '09

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Eudora, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Eudora

Eudora New Member

State:
    Lambertville, MI
    Hey everybody:

I'd like to set up another get-together for those of us who fish the Maumee River. I'm open to suggestions about when and where. My calendar is empty, and I'm willing to travel if you guys want to. Looking forward to seeing everybody out there. Don't worry, spring is just around the corner (forget the snow we're supposed to get this weekend.)

Andy

2. chasethecat

chasethecat New Member

State:
    Toledo, Ohio
    I would certainly be interested in meeting up with some fellow cat chasers, sounds easier than trying to convert my walleye buddies for company. Andy, tried to respond to your PM but i guess i'm not allowed to respond to PM's until i have at least 10 posts, i'm definitely interested. this is my fifth post, so i guess i'm halfway there. went to the warm water discharge by my house today and managed to collect a dozen 4-6" shad; netted a 3" baby channel in my bait net too. might go back tom. evening and see if anything bigger wants to chomp on a piece of shad, also heard that the 'eyes are starting to show up near the mouth of the maumee. i'll probably gear up and see if i can substantiate that rumor on monday.

3. Eudora

Eudora New Member

State:
    Lambertville, MI
    Sounds good.

Andy

4. x smokin joe

x smokin joe Well-Known Member

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    How about May 16th, 23rd or June 6th. We can meet at MJT dam or same place as last year. I think that the weekend of the of the 23rd would be the best, there will be no moon that night.

5. JKrupp

JKrupp New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm in to come up and meet some of you for a night of fishing. Last year did everyone fish from the bank or bring their boat? I like about a half hour from MJT and thats where I do most of my fishing but normally from my boat.

6. Eudora

Eudora New Member

State:
    Lambertville, MI
    Josh :

I do all my fishiing on the Maumee from the shore. Hopefully, one of these days I'll get a boat. It'd be great to have you whenever we do it.

7. chasethecat

chasethecat New Member

State:
    Toledo, Ohio
    as of right now any of these dates work for me. i have no upcoming vacations or weddings, etc.. that would get in the way. only the landing of a job better than the one i got now which required me to work or an unforeseen catastrophe could stop me from showing up. m.

8. JKrupp

JKrupp New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Andy, If you need a spot in a boat we can make room. When we have a bigger group going we bring 2 boats. The boat I have can fish 3 comfortably and my buddy has a boat that can fish 2 easy and a third if we need to.

9. Eudora

Eudora New Member

State:
    Lambertville, MI
    Thanks, Josh, I might just take you up on that. I might have a boat of my own by then. My grandad might let me use his 14' aluminum boat. As far as the dates offered, any would be fine with me. If we can figure what works best for all of us, I will block that date. Would you guys want to meet up more than once? Just a thought . . . .

10. x smokin joe

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    I threw some dates and locations out there, lets have some feedback on them and get this thing setup. The sooner we get it set up the better chance of getting more people there.

11. chasethecat

chasethecat New Member

State:
    Toledo, Ohio
    i'll put in a vote for 7/23. though i could make any of the suggested dates. m.

12. Eudora

Eudora New Member

State:
    Lambertville, MI
    May 23 works well for me. How about everyone else?

13. x smokin joe

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    Works for me, no moon that night.

14. JKrupp

JKrupp New Member

State:
    Ohio
    As far as I can see that date works great for me too.

15. Eudora

Eudora New Member

State:
    Lambertville, MI
    Thanks guys. I'll put the 23rd down. If anything changes, let me know and we'll change accordingly. Looking forward to it.

16. x smokin joe

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    Ok we seem to have a date down. Lets work on time and place now.

17. Eudora

Eudora New Member

State:
    Lambertville, MI
    How would you guys feel about Maumee River Access? It has a lot of room, and with enough people, we could cover a lot of water. Just a suggestion. I'm willing to go anywhere. As far as time, what about 5:30 or 6? I like to get down there early and stake out my spot.

Andy

18. rollinrooster69

rollinrooster69 New Member

State:
    indiana
    the 23 of may works for me i would love to fish the maumeee let me know

19. rollinrooster69

rollinrooster69 New Member

State:
    indiana
    i will go on the 23 of may i love to fish the maumee le me know

20. Eudora

Eudora New Member

State:
    Lambertville, MI
    You're more than welcome to join us, John. It would be great to have you.