Maumee River on fire!

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by adamj, Jun 15, 2009.

1. adamj

adamj New Member

State:
    buckeye land
    Man it's cool to see the Maumee giving up nice cats to boc brothers after all the crap that has been and probably is still happening. Went out with Tony(greenflathead) and we got 3 channels and 8 flatheads. One of those flats was caught in the castnet while throwing for shad. Only got pictures of 6 fish because we were getting a little tired didn't really care anymore:tounge_out:. We missed so many runs that were obviously flats--that long, slow clicker that doesn't want to stop. I had my rods spread out on the bank to far for sure. Bankfished and boatfished with cut shad and live jumbo bluegills. Nothing real big but still a hell of a night anyway. All fish were released. Judging from from all the posts I would have to say the maumee is on fire!:wink:

Attached Files:

2. x smokin joe

x smokin joe Well-Known Member

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    Nice fish Adam. We all tore em up that night.

3. adamj

adamj New Member

State:
    buckeye land
    Here's another of a 13lber that tony got on a swim shad lure in the day a little while ago. And more of this weekend.

Attached Files:

4. adamj

adamj New Member

State:
    buckeye land
    Yea it was a great night to be out, water was up, good moon conditions, a little rain. Lots of activity on the river we heard some huge splashes that had to have been large flats feeding in the shallows. Either that or a tractor tire fell out of a tree!:wink::smile2:

5. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    congrats on the good night

6. shanelures

shanelures New Member

State:
    ohio
    hey,great job!! looks like you guys did a little better than we did but my youngest had a blast! that made my night.congrats,shane

7. flatheadsteve

flatheadsteve New Member

State:
    Ohio
    nice fish. looks like a good night to me!

8. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    I think you set the water on fire there. Awesome catch.

9. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Awesome job all you Maumee cathunters!

10. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    lol.wtg, good to hear you had a good time , thanks for the pic s.

11. marcusbigdaddy1

marcusbigdaddy1 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Nice fish.my son and I love to flathead fish the river also. weve been trying to get shad but havnt been able to find any. any sugjestions. Hopeing to make some new fishin buddies and trying to help my 10 year old son a fish ohio award for a dflathead... good luck ...