Maumee River Friday 5-2

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by x smokin joe, May 3, 2008.

1. x smokin joe

x smokin joe Well-Known Member

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    Went out for channels last night and we didn't do too bad. I got 6, biggest was 6 pounds. My buddy Jim the non-fisherman got 3, biggest was 9 pounds. Also with us was BOC member Impak209 (Randy) and his girlfreind. Randy got 3, biggest was about 3 pounds and his girlfreind got 5, biggest was 7 pounds.
    We got rained on for a while and temp wasn't too bad.
    Best was when we had 3 on at once. Randy's girl hooked 1 and it got into Jim's line. Randy followed them downstream to help get it all untangled. I figuered this would be a good time to relieve myself. I no sooner got it out when Randy's pole starts to flip up over the rail its leaning on, so much for having to pee. I caugt his pole just before it goes over the edge and holler for him to get back and get his pole.I no sooner hollered then there goes my pole. So now I have a pole in each hand trying to get someone back up to help. After about a minute Randy walks up to me, still got both poles in my hand, and says "you got something on both those?"Being the smart ass I am, my reply was "no just practicing my double casting."
    Was a fun 3-4 hours of fishing and had good company for the trip.

Attached Files:

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Nice haul. What time is dinner? :big_smile:
    Seriously congrats on the nice catches!!! Thanks for sharing them!!!:wink::big_smile:

3. ranman92

ranman92 New Member

State:
    OHIO
    Nice catch what part of the maumee were u fishing and what were u using for bait.

4. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    nice fish,good mess of em

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    looks like you had alot of fun. congrats on the good trip out brother......rollo:big_smile:

6. x smokin joe

x smokin joe Well-Known Member

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    We were between Grand Rapids and Weir Rapids and used chicken livers for bait. I won't narrow down the spot any more than a 5 mile stretch because its one of my hottest spots. Water temp is only 60 it was actually a slow night. Even slow nights can be fun tho. Let the water temp warm up another 5 degrees and the fish will turn on better. Water was on the rise as we had a lot of rain yesterday. Went up about a foot from the night before.

7. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    joe good going nice fish rick