maumee river flathead catfish

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by catfish1605, Aug 16, 2005.

1. catfish1605

catfish1605 Member

State:
    Findlay, OH
    I thought I would ask and see if anyone else is having any luck on the maumee. I haven't caught any monsters, but I've caught at least one flathead every trip this year. Biggest so far is only 26 lbs. though.

2. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    been slow with no high water this year. we have scratched a few hogs this year but not like last year with all the rain. were on the river you fish bro? me and hoosierpolcat fish from ft wayne to the ohio line. we are thinkin of splashing at antwerp ramp have you ever put in at that ramp?

tight lines to ya over there

3. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    River

Good Luck guy! :thumbsup:

With the water temps going down it should be picking up soon.

<><Baitkiller><>

4. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    same to you baitkiller!

5. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    you boys better be hitting it while she is up!

CPR!

6. Abu

Abu New Member

State:
    Hemlock,Ohio
    catfish1605...Only 26lbs.!, nice flathead and loads of fun for me when they get in that size range and I wish I could say I caught at least one every trip. Had alot of good nights on the Muskingum and Ohio Rivers but alot of nights without a bite. Only thing I know about the Maumee River is the walleye run. I usually start in March and dress warm but still about freeze. I was really surprised when I caught a 7 or 8 lb. flathead a few years ago. Sounds like there is some good sized flats in the Maumee though.
    Abu

7. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    well buckeye brothers it looks like the fun is over for the year. :crying: maybe next year i can get to fish this river with a few of you.

8. marcusbigdaddy1

marcusbigdaddy1 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Ive been catching alot of flatheads in the slack water areas. ive even been catching themin the current, havnjt got any huge ones this year, and so far Ive been catching them on cut shad,last year i could only catch them with bluegills. im going out tomarow to mary jane thurston fishing some of my lucky spots.ill let u guys know if i get any...