maumee report

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by adamj, Aug 17, 2008.

1. adamj

adamj New Member

State:
    buckeye land
    Went out from the bank last nite, first to river access for flats--zippo.
    Party boaters were out in force. Then I went to grand rapids below the dam. Fished a few of my holes and ended up with 5 channels, 5 to 8lbs. Had a good run on a bluegill on the bottom so I dropped my float rod and ran over to the bluegill rod. The clicker had stopped, so I checked the bait it was gone. I looked up at the float and saw it go down and realized I left the real engaged. Took off like a madman and just as I got to it the rod shot like 8 feet into the hole. Dove right after it and got it by the end of the butt (waist deep water). Ended up with the 8lber.

2. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    well,i don't know which catch was better,the rod or the 8 pounder,lol.
    i am glad ya didn't lose your pole.lucky it wasn't a big flat or channel,might have been sobbin on the way home.....:roll_eyes:

3. adamj

adamj New Member

State:
    buckeye land
    TELL ME ABOUT IT! THE ROD WAS ALREADY UNDER WHEN I GRABBED IT. NOW WHY WOULD A CHANNEL WANT A ABU6500?:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile::smile2:

4. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    he didnt but he didnt want you to have it either:smile2:

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like you ended up with a great fishing trip, congrats

6. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Catfish use rods of all types to make their own structure at times. Then they sit around a hole and laugh about how easy it was to pull off the hit and run. That's why rod holders were invented.

7. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Opinion: Yep a locked reel in a very sturdy rod holder will help keeping ones rods and get a few extra fish too when you are off behind a tree.

:wink:

8. Eudora

Eudora New Member

State:
    Lambertville, MI
    Adam, that's pretty funny. I'm glad you got your rod back, though. I haven't been to the Maumee since July 5th. I'm hoping I can get down there in early Sept.

Andy