Maumee Again

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by x smokin joe, Jul 15, 2009.

1. x smokin joe

x smokin joe Well-Known Member

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    I went out 3 times in the past week and I got shut out 2 of those trips. On those 2 trips the new guys both got a fish. Kyle has a broken neck was able to land a nice 25 lb last Thurs night, his first flat ever.
    Then on Saturday John got his first one to the bank. He had lost 2 nice ones before when his line broke on 1 and his knot slipped on another. He was able to get a nice 32 lb for his first fish.
    Last night me, John, and Mickey went out. I scored my first double header. As we were netting my first fish my other pole took off. I landed a 22 lb and a 25 lb. John had to leave about 11:30 to get some sleep for work. It wasn't 5 minutes after he left Micky got a nice 37 lb. That was a good fight as Mickey got it on 25 lb line. I was using a balloon for a bobber set about a foot off the bank and Mickey was tight lining about 5 feet off the bank. All the fish were caught on bass, including the 2 previous trips.

Attached Files:

2. x smokin joe

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    More pics.

Attached Files:

3. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Very nice pics Joe. Congrats on the catch

4. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Jesus Christ Joe! Leave some flatheads for the rest of your state!:wink:

I always know there will be something BIG in your post!

5. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Nice fish! Sounds like a blast. Nothing like getting on some fish after a few nights of nothing.

6. maumee river man

maumee river man New Member

State:
    ohio
    hey joe what size bass are you using, large or smallmouth?

7. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    nice job on the fish you guys

8. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    hey joe, how long till we see you in the fishing charters section? you should be charging these guys to put them on such good fishing:wink: (case of beer sounds about right) keep it up!

9. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats on all the catches!! Some really nice flatties! But it sure does suck wearing long sleeves and a jacket in July!!!

10. x smokin joe

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    Ya it does, but my wife is allergic to DEET so I can't use bug spray. I can't take the chance getting on anything at home she'll touch.

11. x smokin joe

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    Seems that way sometimes. The ones I take out I have known for quite a while, some I fish with regularly, some are new, none I have known less than 2 years. Like this past week, John I call my second son, I have known him since he was 3 and kinda became a father figure to him after his parents divorce. He comes to me to get advice and brag about things, and even see if what I think before he does things. Kyle is his best friend and I have known him almost as long. My buddy Tom, me and him went to school together and have been hunting and fishing together for over 30 years, the only deer seasons we missed hunting together was when I was in Germany. Mickey and Randy I met on here 2 years ago and fish with both regularly, not just cats but all fish.
    These are all stand up guys and I am privileged to have so many good friends to fish with.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2009
  12. shanelures

shanelures New Member

State:
    ohio
    thanks for sharing man!! definately made up my mind on hitting the river this weekend!!! thanks again joe, shane

13. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Congrats on the great night of fishing!!

14. adamj

adamj New Member

State:
    buckeye land
    I'm glad you guys are still getting em, good fish too. I haven't been out since july 4th. Andy and I went out and got three. I had something huge break 50 lb line on me. Keep em coming, good luck.

15. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    Great job man! Some nice flatheads there for sure. Congrats to you and your buddies. Now..like Tan said.. save a few for the rest of us;)!