Matzuo Octopus Sickle Hooks?

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by Katfishing Cajun, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Katfishing Cajun

Katfishing Cajun New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Thinking of ordering some Matzuo Octopus Sickle Hooks from Gene. Has anyone used any yet? I fish with cut bream for the most part. Any info. would be very appreciated. Thanks!!!

2. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    There a sharp hook AS in don't try to pour out a bunch and then pick them up. If you do lots of them will be sticking in your hand.
    Like Gene keeps on saying, Don't know how in the world they can get them this sharp.But they do. And the fish I caught on them the other day were all hooked great. Only missed one bite, And it was my fault.
    pete

3. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    I've used them for almost a year and they are great. You sure can't go wrong with them.
    Bill

4. Katfishing Cajun

State:
    Louisiana
    Thanks for the replies guys, I put in a order for some of Genes hooks and glow sticks. Can't wait!!:smile2::smile2:

5. harper81

harper81 Member

State:
    Summerville, SC
    How are they used? Do you set the hook or use them like a circle?

6. Katfishing Cajun

State:
    Louisiana
    Its my understanding that you do both Bill.

7. Crucial

Crucial New Member

State:
    Virginia Beach VA
    Matzuo makes a premium product and you should not be disappointed in the least with the quality of the hook.

As for how you fish it; an octopus is not a circle... while it's shaped like a circle it's not a "circle hook". There is nothing significant to note about fishing with these hooks, fish'm the same way you would a kahle or any other bait hook.