Matthews LX - Is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by MattShannon, Dec 20, 2007.

1. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    I have a chance to buy a 2003 Matthews LX complete with bodoodle rest, HHA sight, stabilizer and more. No quiver or arrows. The price is $500 and I know this guy to really take care of his stuff. Is it worth it?

Thanks

2. stinkbaitman

stinkbaitman New Member

State:
    south dakota
    naa, you can get a brand new bow fairly nice for 500 never the less a 4 year old

3. Carp Killer

Carp Killer New Member

State:
    Kansas
    YES!!!!Mathews is one of if not the best bows made.Even the FX is a good bow.

4. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    If I were you, I would shop a little bit more before I bought a 4 year old bow for that kind of money. There are simply better deals out there, but BUY A MATHEWS!!!! You will never regret it. They are by far the best bow I've ever held in my hands, and their customer service is outstanding.

Yes, Mathews bows are extremely expensive, but they are IMO the best bows made. Keep shopping, you'll find a deal that will make your jaw drop. Check out Craigslist.com & look in the "sporting" section. I've seen some ridiculous Mathews buys on craigslist. Watch the major cities in hunting areas, like Dallas or Houston & then have the bow shipped. Or if you prefer, shop close to you so you can put your hands on the bow before you exchange money.

5. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Unless you are a professional target shooter, I can't justify ANY bow being worth that much money.

6. LandsCats

LandsCats New Member

State:
    North Dakota
    Have you shot this bow? I would never buy a bow just because its a good deal and you might save a few hundred bucks. I would just as soon buy a brand new bow for 200 and be able to shot it, then pay 500 or more for a bow your not able to shot. You have got to try different bows out before you buy one. They all shoot different and feel different to each and every shooter. Hope this helps you out. Its not the name of the bow that shots good its the archor.

7. jeffw51

jeffw51 New Member

State:
    mo
    bows just dont retain value like that ,mathews in my opinion makes the best bows on earth, but 500 dollars for a 4 year old bow is way out of line, even decked out.

8. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    500$ for a 4 year old bow. Man you should be able to pick up a brand new one for 600$ and some change.

9. CKT

CKT Member

State:
    Winston-Salem,NC
    Bows are kinda like computers , you buy the new things this year and next year they come out with something new and better ! in choosing a bow i would suggest going to a bow shop and shooting all you can (different brands) and pick the one that you like not what everyones telling you to get because when that buck walks out on you your going to be the one shooting the bow not them and you want to be comfortable and confident with your bow. 500 for a 4 yr old bow is kinda high !

10. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    i agree.. i got the fred bear truth for like 600 dollars and its a real nice bow.

11. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    I used to build bows for a small company. I also gave shooting/form lessons. I have had the opurtunity to set up and shoot just about every kind of bow pre 2007. I am not certain that any one bow is the bow. However I will say that many companies are pretty darn close. That being said I think that $500 dollars for a four year old bow is high, as well. I usually pick them up for about half that, set up. Shop around, shoot em all.....any reputable bow shop will set up any model you'd care to shoot. If they don't, go somewhere else. After you've shot a bunch, the one for you will stand out from the competition. Mathews isn't a bad neighborhood to be in.....I also am a big fan of Hoyt, and Diamond.

12. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    JMHO, I wouldn't give $500 for a brand spankin new Mathews.:wink: