matt71269-got a new handle.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Swampfox., Dec 5, 2009.

1. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    well folks took me a year to do it, but its done. when Dad got me to join, i didnt put much effort into a name; just matt and my zip code. sooo after a while of whittling though i found two that were historical and fit. the first was --COUREUR de BOIS-- translation RUNNER OF THE WOODS [google it, cool read] this term identified a group of men who were rebells. the second was- SWAMPFOX.- this name came from Francis Marion- the Colonial rebell, father of guerilla warfare, great american Patriot. Mel Gibson did a movie called the patriot, it was based on SWAMPFOX. well i submitted the two and Catfish Commando chose the name. so here it its, my new handle.

2. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    Sounds good and looks like it fits from the pics of that bass fishing hole of yours.Matt , lol I always thought that the 71269 was your birth date.Go figure

3. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    yeah, a few folks thought it was my birthday. naw simply my zip. see why i felt uncreative. when i saw other handles, my first thought was, "i couldve thought that out a little more".

4. catwhisper

catwhisper New Member

State:
    georgia
  5. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    cool thanks for letting us all know.

6. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Matt glad you got to change it to a name you like :cool2:

7. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    you and Aj started a trend Dickie, had to jump on.

8. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    thats very interesting!!!

9. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Ya young whipper snapper you. Had me a thinkin this mornin and that hurt!! LOL Sounds good. Changin the avi didn't help either. But I did remember where ya lived so I figured it out.

10. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    What a great name.
    Fyi-The swampfox and his band of local militia is a local hero in SC and represents the struggle and victory of the common man. In SC along the Pee Dee River is where the swampfox thrived. I have read and heard tales of how he disappeared into the river swamp only to appear and attack the British while constantly evading them in the river swamp.
    One of his haunts was around Snows Island, near Johnsonville, SC.
    You can read alot of the posts from people that fish that area and google the map in that area. To this day there is very little development on the river and other than the upriver dams- in its natural state.
    Some of our fellow SC folks can fill you in more on the man, the legend and the area.

11. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Cool buddy! Yesterday when Brad announced he'd joined us, and mentioned his brother "Swampfox" I was scratchin' my head and thinkin'...."Wait just a minute here, who the heck is Swampfox?" :smile2:

I figured it out when I saw your post on his thread! :big_smile:

12. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

The roller coaster in Myrtle Beach, SC. I love an old-fashioned wooden coaster, and the Swamp Fox is a fun ride, even though it isn't HUGE. The feller running the ride saw me continuing to get into the first car and said, "Try riding in the back car, it's a whole different experience!" Boy was he right; the back was a LOT more fun. I did end up with bruises on my thighs from bein' thrown up against the lap bar though. :smile2:

Take a ride on the Swamp Fox.....

Night (best time imo)
    [youtubevid]YiycUib5lEg[/youtubevid]

Day (see the ocean)
    [youtubevid]rPREQNVL2ok[/youtubevid]

13. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    im originally from south carolina my brotha. my momma lives on lake murray in chapin. my dads family is from louisiana. cajun by default.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  14. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    i lived in socastee for a few years after the marines, ive slept on the beach just across from that coaster. [would not recomend that] how bout mother flecthers? or zanadoo? all night long!

15. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Ok-cool. That makes you a sandhills cajun.:wink:

16. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    best of both worlds. i go home several times ayear.