Matt Serra Ready To Punch Matt Hughes In The Mouth At UFC 98

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by Flatheadhunter33, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I cant wait for this fight to finally happen!

Matt Serra has this to say about Matt Hughes;
    “The thing is this, this sport you deal with a lot of guys in this sport and most of them are cool. It’s a rarity you find an a•hole and I found one. I’m going to get paid to punch him in the mouth. I’m going to do to him what you should do to every bully and that’s not only in America but everywhere in the world. What should you do to a bully? You should punch him square in the mouth. I’m getting paid for it. So who’s got it better than me? I want to know…. I’m not an idiot. I’ll tell you I don’t like the guy because I don’t like the guy. But as a fighter I know the problems he brings to the table and I know what I got to watch out for. I know where he’s really dangerous. What do you want me to say? He’s a swell guy and I can’t wait to fight him? F*** him

2. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    Matt Hughes is a talented fighter but from what i have seen and read about him he's not much of a good person. seems very arrogant and aloof. not saying that serra is a better person or fighter but at least he seems to be a down to earth regular guy.

3. tnvol

tnvol New Member

State:
    Clarksvill
    It's not like I know the guy but I always thought Matt Hughes was a pretty nice guy. He has always been pretty cool and down to earth in the interviews I've seen. I havent heard anything about him since he lost to GSP.

4. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    He fought Thiago Silva last year and got rocked with a flying knee that caused his knee to buckle underneath him at a pretty nasty angle. Since then, I tohught that he had reitred but I think that money for fighting Matt Serra is looking too good to deny...

5. tnvol

tnvol New Member

State:
    Clarksvill
    It's amazing what a loss can do to a guy. Matt was a beast before the GSP loss. He beat some great fighters.

6. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Sorry, I meant to say Thiago Alves...

7. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    in some of interviews and magazine articles i have seen and read he is always talking about respect but never gives any. quite a few other fighters have said that he talks crap behind fighters backs but acts real nice to their face. i don't know him either but he just rubs me the wrong way. even during the show on spike i thought he came across a little two faced. he had his good moments too but overall thats the way he came across to me. just my opinion.

8. tnvol

tnvol New Member

State:
    Clarksvill
    Oh I hear ya. Was just saying. Who know what any of those guys are really like ya know?

9. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Just from TV it seems Serra is the a hole, but who really knows?

10. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Serra's voice annoys me pretty good when he's calling shots from someone's corner...like in TUF4 when he was there and then agian the season he coached. Matt Hughes on the other hand does come off as pretty arrogant. When coached TUF, the way he turned his back on Json VonFlue...and then again the way he critisized Rshad Evans for "show-boating" because his guy got beat, showed alot about how he realy must be a coach and competitor (sore loser)...just my opinion. I read his book too by the way...anyone else?

11. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I don't like either one of them. :crazy: I can't wait to see it, because somebody is gonna get hurt. A plus-plus in my book.

If you say that Matt Hughes is an ***hole, you have to say the same about Serra, because he's an even bigger, mouthier one.

12. catman872

catman872 Member

State:
    missouri
    i hope serra knocks his head off but hughes will most likely win

13. cjuvinall

cjuvinall New Member

State:
    georgetown illinois
    i never liked hughes, dont matter if he is from my home state, just seems like hes a dic@. Nobody can be a bigger one than tito was. Matt has been runing around with patrick flanigan- best shotgun shooter i have ever seen but matt has been riding his coat tails. i think it was his first belt win that when the guy had him in a triangle choke and hughes picked him and slamed him and knocked him out if you watch matt is passed out by the time he hit the floor, should of been a no contest but he would of got the belt eventually, good fighter but thats about it for me

14. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I also don't care too much for either one of them but I know both are talented and that fight will definatly have some fireworks. TUF exposed their dislike for each other big time. I am not sure who will win but I do know we will be hearing about it from the winner for a while.

They fought twice before, right? who won those fights? I don't even remember.

15. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    That was in his match with Carlos Newton.