Matt Hughes

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by STALLIONDUCK, Oct 13, 2009.

1. STALLIONDUCK

STALLIONDUCK New Member

State:
    Illinois
    just read on wikipedia that hes gonna be fightin at UFC 110 i think. who do you guys vote for his opponent. after all the stuff that went down between him and AKA. i want him to fight, Koscheck, Swick, or Fitch. personally i think the only one of those guys that has a chance is swick because of his strking, itll be just like the hughes-GSP chronicles, with swick fighting off his takedowns and outstriking him. but swick has a fight comin up against dan hardy, and that will decide who gets the next shot at GSP. so we'll have to see what the UFC decides.

2. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    He is fighting at ufc 109 Feb 6th 2010 he is facing Renzo Gracie! This will be a great fight also on the card is Matt Serra vs Frank Trigg, Rolles Gracie vs Mustapha Al Turk, Anderson Silva vs Belfort, Mark Coleman vs Randy Courture, Chanel Sonnen vs Nate Marquart, Josh Koscheck vs Paulo Thaigo, Dan Miller vs Damian Maia, Ronnys Torres vs Melvin Guillard, and Phinlepe Nover vs Rob Emerson.
    This should be an amazing fight card but we will see. If anyone wants to see up coming fights that are already on contract go to mmaplayground.com and upcoming fights I think It gives everyone fighting between now and like May.

3. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    Man, 109 sounds awsome,,,:wink:
    Puddle

4. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    yeah for sure! That is a hot event 100%! Ufc 110 is shaping up it has alot of big names already and I dont think the main cards are names yet.

5. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Wow, that is a rockin card. I hadnt kept up on who's fightin who lately...thanks for the info.

6. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Sounds like a great card!!!:big_smile:

7. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    The fight got moved from ufc 109 to ufc 112 now.....:confused2:

8. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Thats a classic match up between hughes and Renzo! I dont have seen Renzo compete since he fout Pat Militich a few years ago...As for the Silva fight, I think that Marquardt should have gotten a crack at the title before Belfort. Just another example of the UFC putting money before fighters (cant say that I blame them though). That will be a good fight though. Belfort might be hardest hitter that Silva has faced in a long time.

9. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    It is a great card as of now.

Hughes vs Renzo? Not sure it will be all that great though. Gracie will be trying to sub him, and Hughes is good at defending. Could be a good ground war though. I expect Renzo to do a lot better then Royce did against Hughes, but Hughes isn't exactly at the top of his game any more either. This is a fight that is it happened 2-4 yrs ago would have been epic, but now with Hughes on the downside of his career, I don't think it will be as good as it once could have been

10. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hughes should have a rematch with Thiago Alvez. If he beats him, then fight Koshchek. That's what I would like to see. If he can't beat them, he surely can't beat GSP.

11. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    he could beat both of them,and still not beat GSP.

12. SyKo450

SyKo450 New Member

State:
    Coachella, Cali
    GSP is the best at his weight at the moment, he's going to be the champ for a good while

13. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    Amen Ric!

Same with anderson and layoto.... maybe layoto but sure of anderson and gsp!

14. SyKo450

SyKo450 New Member

State:
    Coachella, Cali
    Not sure about Anderson, but I have a pretty good feeling that Belfort is going to beat him

15. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    i believe anderson's gonna get it,they aught to bring out the best in each other,so thats bad for belfort.and in my oppinion lyoto done had his ass whooped in his last fight.

16. SyKo450

SyKo450 New Member

State:
    Coachella, Cali
    I didn't get to see his last fight, heard the score card was rather controversial

17. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I think Silva will smash Belfort's face in with his knees.

18. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I think that Belfort might be the best striker that Silva has had to face in the UFC. I know that some wil say it was Hendo or even Griffin but niether of them got a chance to unleash much against him. Belfort has strong boxing skill and KO power so it will be interesting to see if Silva can dance around him.

19. SyKo450

SyKo450 New Member

State:
    Coachella, Cali
    What's really great about Belfort is his explosion, the man knows when to capitalize and in a very brutal manner

Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  20. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Yeah, that knock out he got over Matt Lindland was one of most harsh I have seen in a long time. I thought that they were gonna have to carry Matt out on a strecher!