Matt Hughes vs. Thiago Alves!!!

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by Philiagorillia, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Philiagorillia

Philiagorillia New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Matt Hughes vs. Thiago Alves will be headlining at UFC 85!!! This outta be a good one for Matt, i guess he is gonna try to make a comeback so he can fight Serra and then go after GSP again.

2. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Hughes isn`t looking so good lately but if he still has the fire I wish him the best.

3. Philiagorillia

Philiagorillia New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Supposedly from what he has said, he has been training pretty hard lately with his students....

4. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Well...it might be a good one...if Matt wins, he's back in the mix for sure. Thiago is one of the best strikersa in the division AND he's got some good ground skills...it should be a good match!

5. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Matt's gonna have to get his head in it or get his @$$ handed to him again. I used to a fan of his but his head got to big for me. Maybe he will get serious and make a come back and prove he still has the will to have another title shot.

6. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Big Headed? Must have missed something along they way myself. What happened up in Canada, we haven't heard yet nor seen the action, Dan? you watched?

7. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
  8. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a good fight.

9. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    your right dan he hasn't looked good. i think his heart went out of last fight when serra pulled out. i really think serra messed with his head and he let it get personal. i think he wanted serra so badly that when he pulled out of fight it took the wind out of his sails. that definitely was not the same hughes i was used to seeing as he was dominated by gsp. if he has his head on straight he will be ok. alves ain't no joke so he better get hesd on right or alves will knock it off given the oppurtunity.

10. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    I'll be rooting for Matt in this one, but he's kinda the underdog in my mind. And yes, GSP whipped out another smack down. Made Serra look like a chump.

11. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    That's b'cause Serra IS a chump. :smile2::smile2::smile2:

12. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    AMEN Brother! :smile2:

13. DJH1

DJH1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    If hughes comes in with his mind right and his heart in it, I'll give this one to Hughes. He'll push Alves all the way to the third until he's worn down, then start laying it on heavy. Seems to me that few fighters have the conditioning of Matt Hughes, I think its his best weapon.

14. SpaceAce

SpaceAce New Member

State:
    w
    Matt Hughes is the greatest champion in the history of the UFC, you can never count him out. This should be a great fight.

15. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Has anyone read Matt's book "Made In America"? I just got done with it. It's an "okay" book but I would not recommend spending the $26.00 I spent on it.

No doubt about it, he is one of the most dominant champs ever in the sport but his personality just rubs me wrong...