Match the Hatch

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Shimano, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Shimano

Shimano New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I went striper fishing again this Saturday at Norman. There were four of us and we got 16 fish fairly quick. A fellow fisherman and friend of mine was fishing right beside us and I mean I could have jumped in his boat and was using herring from Lake Murray and never got a bite. We had aelwives that were caught at Lake Norman and look alot like the herring mind you and absolutley blistered them. We told him what depth we were catching them at and it didnt seem to make a difference. Just wondering if anybody else has experienced this while catfishing, striper fishing or otherwise?

2. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    With a name like Reel, how can you not catch fish? :smile2:

Dude, you are just a great striper fisherman. You could have been fishing with four pound carp and caught stripers!! :smile2:

I have been in similar situations and sometimes, for whatever reason, someone elses technique does not work. Heck, I have been in the same boat with LakeNormanBlues striper fishing and he was catching all the fish. I think he blamed it on my mono leader saying it should have been fluoro....LOL!!! :roll_eyes:

3. Shimano

Shimano New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I dont know about all those other things but I will have to agree about the flouro. BTW how ya like the avatar pic cant remember that photographers name though!:wink:

4. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    A man told me that photographer was really good because that fish only weighed three pounds and he made it look like it was 30 pounds!!! :smile2:

5. deepwoods

deepwoods New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Hey Wyliecat, would you be the same Dieter that posts in the SC DNR Deer hunting form? I guessing yes.

6. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Yes I am!! :smile2:

Thank God there is only one Dieter to deal with...LOL!!! :smile2: