master anglers pin help

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by brandonbtbt, Jul 27, 2009.

1. brandonbtbt

brandonbtbt New Member

State:
    Cambridge, OH
    hey everyone.... so this year i'm trying to get my master anglers pin from odnr... so far i have gotten 3 out of the 19 species of fish that qualifiy... you only need 4 different species to get the master anglers pin...my fish ohio awards this year are 2 largemouth bass, 2 channel catfish, and 1 flathead....

i know of a pond where i have a 90% chance of catching a bluegill 9 inches or longer which would get my pin for me but it is on private property... odnr allows catching fish ohio sized fish out of private ponds count towards the award..

my question is if i get a bluegill from the private pond that gets me my pin is it kind of like cheating?? i feel like i should catch it from a lake or river where everyone has the right to fish.... but then again odnr allows the fishing of private ponds to qualify...

what do you all think???

thanks

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I would think you could catch a 9 inch blue gill just about anywhere. I know when Im trying to catch them for bait that is probably the biggest thing I do catch LOL.

Edited to say I dont think its cheating tho

3. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Yeah buddy....that would be a nice flathead cookie!:smile2:

4. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    hey i under stand you feel like its cheating, i mean in a closed pond and all, BUT if the odnr sead its good, then your with in the rules, so let it be, your good:wink:

5. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    It's the catch that counts they say, not where you caught it as long as it's in ohio I believe.

6. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    catch a carp,plenty of then in public waters :wink:

7. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
  8. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State: