Master Angler Channel Catfish...

Discussion in 'NEBRASKA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by bownero, Jun 28, 2009.

1. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Well first of all I would like to thank the guys that made the gathering at Branched Oak over the weekend. Sorry I couldn't make it, but hope to plan another if we agree on it!! My family and myself enjoyed a relaxing weekend at the lakehouse at Johnson Lake and as usual I attacked the CATS at Elwood Res. Saturday night was great action on the water. Slow trolling the edges with bloodbait, I hooked into my 1st cat. A great 15lb 6oz Channel Cat. It measured 32" and it was a fat female. Spawning time!! Water temp was in the upper 70's and low 80's which triggers the spawn. My brother-in-law, his freind and wife and myself enjoyed catching a few in the 3-7lb class, excluding the 15 pounder. We kept only 4 fish for the weekend, which was enough for the 3 guys, including me to eat. All others were released and the big boy (mine) was CPR and returned to Elwood that night to enjoy the water again!! http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1516370#post1516370 2nd Master Angler of the season!! Me brag? NAH! Just like playing with the big boys!!:wink:

Thanks and lets talk about another gathering!!!
    any takers??
    Mark..

2. Huskercat

Huskercat New Member

State:
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Nice catch man :big_smile:

3. catfishjohn54

catfishjohn54 New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Congratulations on nice fish!

4. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    Congrats on #2 Master Angler~!! Nice Catch!!!

5. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    good job Mark !! keep it up and you will have to have me over for a fish fry !! :smile2: :cool2: