Mason Braid

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by SilverCross, Feb 5, 2006.

1. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Does anyone besides me like the Mason braided lines. I grew up using the 20lb black braid, but have been using the tan now due to it's in 150 yard spools. The black comes in two fifty yard spools that are connected. I am writing the company to see if I can get it in 1/4 or 1 lb. spools. I hate having to tie a joint in the middle of my line on my reels. Mason is not the smaller diameter line but for 99.9% of my fishing I don't really need 400 yards of line. I mostly fish small creeks and smaller rivers, although this year I'm going to be fishing the Mazon and Illinois rivers which I guess they are medium size. Larger than the Vermillion anyway.

2. hoosier angler

hoosier angler New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I strictly use tiger braid by mason. Very expensive but well worth it in my opinion. I have found that most shops don't stock it. I think mason offers all of their line on 1000 fot spools.

3. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    is that a 1000 foot or a 1000 yard spools.

4. hoosier angler

hoosier angler New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I can't spell, 1000 yard spools. I think they also offer a green/white muskee line.

5. bro_catfish

bro_catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio ,Coshocton County
    Ive looked at them , But like you said I hate the thought of having to tie a bloodknot just to fill my spool

In the new Catfish Connection Catalog right below the Mason line is the Cortland Braided Spectra, I know nothing about this line either but it comes in 300 yr spools and in the description says 100% no memory and wont absorb any water

6. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    The mason lines are tough as nails. I just bought some of the tigerbraid in 135lb test and really like it. The old mason tan line is some very good stuff as well. But not many people use it. I have a friend in Evansville that swears by it and catches some really nice cats.

7. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Thanks guys, I always used the black but have the tan now and love it also. Hopefully by early spring I will have it on all my reels. Just do a regular tie in the end of your line, then make a slipnot, the end won't come loose and it will stay tight on your reel.

8. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    I grew up using the 20lb. black mason line, but can't seem to locate where I can get it in 1000 yd spools, anyone help an old fart out on this?