Martinsville Resevoir Report

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by WHEELMOBILE07, Apr 13, 2008.

1. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Haven't really done much catfishing here in the past but I gave it a whirl today. Drifted large shiners just off shoreline laydowns in 10-15ft. Produced several eater channels. Crappie bite was really on though and brought a mess home to enjoy. Haven't posted in a while, good to be back.

Wheelmobile07

2. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    Sounds like a good trip. Good to hear from you. Have you been doing much trout fishing? I've been catching alot of stockers, In Feb. I caught an 11 pound brown in the Roanoke river about 2 miles upstream from where they stock.
    Chip

3. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Welcome back Trey. Was wondering what happened to you. Good to have you back.

4. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Thanks for the warm welcome back guys, riverdawg since ive got my jon boat i haven't fished for trout once, mainly targeting kitties now on small bodies of water. will keep you guys updated, headed out in the am, will report.

Wheelmobile07

5. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Welcome back and thank you for the report, sounds like you caught some nice eating channels and sounds like the crappie fishing wasnt that bad either, I hope you more luck and you catch more fish on your trips.

6. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy Active Member

State:
    Virginia
    Excellent on the silvers, my absolute favorite freshwater fish in the world to eat.

7. 1Caprandy

1Caprandy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I use to fly fish that lake for huge blueguills and fish for crappie around the boat docks,I do not think they have them anymore,what kind of boat can you use there now,how much is a permit and what hours can you fish ?

8. muzkrat

muzkrat New Member

State:
    va.
    i have a friend in martinsville that caught a huge muskie there. he was fishing from a canoe and ended up beaching the boat and pulling the muskie up on the shore to land him. i forget how much it weighed but is was big and is on his wall now. never fished there but have heard about the crappies.

9. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    1caprandy: The regulations are no gas motors, hours are 1 hour before sunrise to 1 hr after sunset, permit for the year is 10 bucks. All other boat safety regulations apply.

Muzkrat: Your friend that caught the muskie, that was really a pike there are no muskies in the resevoir, however there are huge pike in there. Crappie bite is excellent at times.

Wheelmobile07