Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No spread a little honey or PB on top with some granola .....here catty catty. Catfish need desert too. Got to make them biggun want the bait even if they remember the hook is on the end of it. To a big channel the desert is worth the fight. They now they are big enough to get the CPR treatment in my pond.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I tried some marshmallows with garlic powder several times this year, and i didn't get one bite. I also tried them plain. They do work well for trout though.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
elshale said:
No spread a little honey or PB on top with some granola .....here catty catty. Catfish need desert too.
Screw that,them kats going to have to fight me for that!!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is one of the best bbaits advise for Catfish.....If you want to eat it they probably do too.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I have been experimenting with marshmallows.....i dip them in melted cheese and garlic...even tried mixing them together with cereal and cheese and stuff....the idea is that is floats off the bottom...i will let you know how it works

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Yes, thread a mini marshmallow on the hook, then thread a piece of nightcrawler about a half inch long above it. Repeat this until your hook is covered. The marshmallows will keep the entire bait floating. Texas rig an egg sinker and swivel. It's already been proven cats like marshmallow and nightcrawler sandwiches.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I've caught bluegill and crappie on marshmallows before. But then again I'm pretty sure you can catchbluegill on anything.
I've caught them on bare gold or red hooks. It's a good thing they only get as big as they do or there would be nothing else in the water! :crazy:

·
Registered
626 Posts
Old but just saw it. speaking of marshmallow's, in Montana years ago we used them to catch trout. Not the marshmallow but put a small marshmallow on the hook then put on what we called itchy bugs, found them in the lake under rocks. What the deal was was there was a lot of grass in the lake and the marshmallow floated the bait up out of the grass and put the bug in front of the fish. Wonder if a bigger marshmallow would float a piece of chicken of liver. Have to try that!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts