Marriage Safety

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ersel, Jul 25, 2006.

1. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    After reading a post from a brother that forgot his anniversary I thought I would open a thread for tips for staying out of trouble.

I cannot remember personal dates I can remember opening day of deer season but birthdays and annversaries ect. will not stay in my brain. I usually remember the night before as I am laying in bed. After several late night trips to Wal-Mart. I planned ahead. I made one trip and bought birthday, anniversary, I'm sorry cards and stashed them in my hunting closet. No more late night trips for me!

Anybody have any other tips?

2. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    I just program them in my cell phone for 1 day before at 9 oclock a.m. and with they alarm set. Keeps me pretty safe that way.

3. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    Those are some great tips! You deserve rep for that....matter of fact, you get rep for that! Here you go. (Red reps ya) I'll definately HAVE to use them if I ever get married, lol. Thanks again.

-Red

4. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I am the one everybody calls for family members Birthdays and phone#'s. I have always been able to remember dates and numbers well but it is starting to fade on me, LOL!!! I can't forget my wifes Birthday or our aniversary cause they are one right after the other (planned it that way for a reason) Aug,31st and Sept,1st, that way I stay out of the doghouse better, LMAO!!!

5. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Gentlemen, it's called a self-sticking pocket calendar. The prime location for this would be somewhere in plain view on the dashboard of your truck. Circle all important dates in RED ink!!! I am like JW, and seem to have an inordinate amount of brain space for things like names, birthdays, and phone numbers. But they do manufacture "greeting card organizers" which have a pocket for each month of the year. Normally on the outside of each pocket are numbered blank lines coordinating with each day of the month. Just write each person's name/names besides their special day(s), and VOILA! I go about three-four times a year and buy the cards for the upcoming quarter, file them away, and stand ready for any occasion! I do the same with gifts also; always keep an eye out for something that would be pleasing to someone. And if you can get a good deal in the process, all the better, wouldn't you say? Next month Christmas shopping begins for me. I don't like fighting the crowds in Nov/Dec (or paying full price for something :lol:)!

6. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    LOL i never forget my birthday so i planed are wedding on the same day lol makes it alot easier i was thinking ahead

7. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I just say yes dear whatever you want and she makes sure I don't forget by telling me atleast a month ahead of time what she wants. our system works for us and keeps me out of the dog house.

8. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I'm pretty good about remembering that kind of stuff so usually I do alright.

9. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I cant forget it I have my anniversry etched into my ring :big_smile:

10. tigger_tat_55

tigger_tat_55 New Member

State:
    cali
    last year my wife forgot my birthday..... I am now set for life......

11. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    I have never been late for our anniversary but once I was a few days ahead. I got up to go to work and told the kids to be extra good for mommy today since it was our anniversary. Came home from work and a bunch of friends were there and smiling. The kids had mentioned to their mom about what I said so she called a bunch of people over to see me make a fool out of myself. All proud of mysef I gave her the gift and everyone started to laugh. Our anniversary was 10 days away. :embarassed::big_smile:

12. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    lucky you Tomorrow is are anniversary and here birthday is 9 4 75 that i will not for get been there done that!!!!

13. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    I remember one year wife and I both forgot our anniversary.We got busy doing something .don't remember what it was but anyway we both forgot . All we could do about that one was laugh about it.:roll_eyes:

14. Myname

Myname New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    We keep a large calendar on the kitchen wall and a smaller calendar on top of the computer, with our anniversary and her birthday circled in red. Those are the only two dates I need to remember, my wife takes care of all other birthdays, weddings, and other events. If anything ever happens to Brenda, the entire rest of the family is SOL

Have a nice day.

15. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I am still young, remember these date pretty easy.

When I get Big Georges age I will have em tattood on my arm I think. LMAO

16. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Now days use a computer reminder calendar or one of the free ones like at yahoo or gmail. Not sure if gmail sends reminders.

When I worked I had a large year calendar on my desk with those important dates. Before that I usually forgot. :eek:oooh:

17. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Cell phone alarm reminds me of important dates

So does reminder in Outlook,

So does a reminder on other programs

Nope, I don't forget anymore.

There were a lot of great ideas, especially buying the cards in advance. Gonna have to try that one.

Best suggestion I can make to have a happy and healthy marrige, never go to bed mad. No matter how long it takes, talk it out!

18. Kyle

Kyle New Member

State:
    Kansas City - Olathe
    I'm with Wolfman on this one. Just don't get married!!! Run!! I realize however that it much too late for many of my BOC brothers and sisters so I will continue to keep you all in my prayers!

19. KWSMITH

KWSMITH New Member

State:
    Virginia
    My lovely wife will drop hints LOL so I dont forget.

20. cattinfever999

cattinfever999 New Member

State:
    KY
    Vern(vlparrish) and I got married on my birthday(Sept 12), so he better remember them. Vern can't remember anyone's birthday, except for our son--he was born on the last day of snagging season(figures:roll_eyes: ).
    I buy a lot of blank cards and if something sneaks up on me, I can just run them through the printer with a little saying. I also shop year around for birthdays & Christmas. I keep a tote filled with gifts that would work for men/women. That way I won't have to run to town at the last minute.

My poor dad is worse than Vern. I have to call him the night before his anniversary and Mom's birthday. Then I have to call him at work to remind him again. Once, I even bought the present for him and told him to pick it up on the way home from work. Mom didn't fall for it--she thanked him and then later called me and thanked me. She knew that he is clueless without me.
    My calendar is a life saver. I keep one everywhere and circle all the important dates.