Markland Dam

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Bigunz, Mar 2, 2006.

1. Bigunz

Bigunz New Member

Anyone been fishing below Markland Dam yet this year, on the Ohio River?!?!? Friend of mine said Feb. and March are PRIME months for BIG Blues..........if anyone has input, please, let us know?!?!?!

Bigunz

2. catfishbill33

catfishbill33 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, TN
    Bigunz,
    Is it legal use ohio license fishing on the bank fishing there at the dam.
    I am new in this area and need some info.
    Thanks

3. G3Morton

G3Morton New Member

State:
    Indiana
    If you are going to stand on Indiana soil, I am sure you will need a Indiana licence. This may be different if your in a boat.

As far as any big fish being caught?? I haven't heard of any yet this year.

4. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    I believe that the agreement between Indiana and Kentucky allows licensed anglers to fish on the opposite shore of either state...W

5. rodpod

rodpod New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    Correct, if you have either license you can fish on either bank. If you have an Indiana license you cannot go into a tributary on the kentucky side. I have also heard that if you have a Kentucky license there is no limit on the amount of rod/reels you can use. Can anyone clarify this?

6. Catfishhunter

Catfishhunter New Member

State:
    Lanesville, In.
    Rodpod, You are correct, there is no limit on rodpods...I mean rods..LOL

7. G3Morton

G3Morton New Member

State:
    Indiana
    The way I understand the Ohio River laws between IN and KY are as follows.

If you are in a boat you can have either a Indiana or Kentucky fishing licence and be fine. This pertains to only the main channel of the river. This does not include creeks,etc.,etc..

If you are standing on the Indiana bank, you will need a Indiana fishing licence. I do not think that a Kentucky fishing licence will be valid when fishing from the Indiana bank. And the same goes for Kentucky, if you are standing on the bank then you will need a Kentucky fishing licence.

If you have a Kentucky fishing licence you are allowed to have as many rods as you want. Indiana limits the rods to "three" only.

If you are skip jack fishing with a Indiana fishing licence you are only allowed to use three jigs at one time.

If you are skip jack fishing with a Kentucky fishing licence you are allowed to use up to five jigs at one time.

To my understanding everything listed above is true.

BUT BEFORE YOU GO FISHING, IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBLITY TO KNOW ANY LAWS THAT YOU MAY HAVE IN QUESTION. FOR THE MOST PART THE LAWS ON THE RIVER STAY THE SAME, BUT THEN AGAIN THEY DO CHANGE!

8. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    This is from the state of Ky.
    Ohio River Fishing (KRS 150.170)

An angler with a Kentucky fishing license may fish the entire main stem of the Ohio River from a boat, or a bordering state’s bank without buying the other state’s license (bordering states include Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio).

This does not apply if fishing a bordering state’s embayments or tributaries, which begin at a straight line between opposite points where the tributary or embayment meets the main stem of the river.

Anglers fishing from a bordering state’s bank, or in a bordering state’s tributaries and embayments must follow the size and creel limits of the state where the angler is located. For example, a Kentucky licensed angler can stand on the Indiana bank and fish the main stem of the Ohio River without an Indiana fishing license, but must abide by Indiana ’s size and creel limits.