Markland dam

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by allflats, Aug 2, 2007.

1. allflats

allflats Member

State:
    Kentucky
    You guys and ladies that fish markland,do you have more luck close to the dam or down lower on the sand bar?

2. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Steven, I have the best results fishing Markland Dam where the turbines run out. You can park at the cinergy plant lot and walk over the hill. It is pretty rough going and the riprap can be treacherous, but if an able body is willing to fish there, it can be good. I prefer to catch some skipjacks there and use them fresh. I have the best results fishing just below the bridge pylon and throwing straight out, letting the bait swing around to the bottom edge where the riprap meets the "floor" . Vern

3. sugarfoot47

sugarfoot47 New Member

State:
    ky
    When fishing the bank,Me and my husband have better fishing on the sand beach just past the big rock pile.Theres a back wash there and can do very well for flatheads and channels,white bass and hybrids.And sauger when there running.The turbines are good also,just get snaged to much for me.
    We fish from the boat more.And we do real well in the turbins in the summer.If the water temp falls past 80.We do better out in front of the locks.

4. allflats

allflats Member

State:
    Kentucky
    thanks vernon and callie!I will give both a try when i get a chance.ty