markland [bait]

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by ironcat, Nov 16, 2007.

1. ironcat

ironcat New Member

State:
    indiana
    anybody know of any warm water discharges around the markland Dam I'm going ther on sunday and I'm a little nervous about catching skipjack since it is a little colder then the last time I was there. I heard if you can't find them in the winter to try the warm water discharges hopefully there is one nearby

Thanks IRONCAT

2. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Ironcat, downriver from Markland is the ghent power plant. It has two discharges on the lower side of the pylons, look for them right on the bank. Vern

3. ironcat

ironcat New Member

State:
    indiana
    thanks alot for the info I know where that power house is I will just have to locate the discharges thanks for all your help
    IRONCAT

4. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    John,
    I live within 8 miles of the Markland Dam and am very familiar with the area. I dont know of any hot water discharges relatively close at all to the dam. Id say the closest would be either be Madison, IN or Lawrenceburg, IN. There is one just to the left of the mouth of Tanners creek in Lawrenceburg at the power plant there. Hopes this helps you some.

P.S. Oh yeah, I forgot about the Ghent power plant on the Ky side. I'm sure there is one there but im not sure where it is. rspd507