mark twain

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by stlrider, Aug 29, 2008.

1. stlrider

stlrider New Member

State:
    mo
    i recently moved to hannibal.i am really close to the lake and even closer to the the mississippi.the salt river is also right next door but it is pretty high right now.mark twain is just about normal level. i was just looking for some tips on finding cats.i have always fished for bass only.i have a 20' fish/ski boat but my motor just quit working so i have been putting in off hwy bb on the lake. if i wanted to find some channels what would i look for?how deep, can i catch them during the day?anybody live around here. thanks.

2. micus

micus New Member

State:
    Lake St. L
    I catch a lot of channels out of the trees in 20-30 ft. of water. I also catch drum, white bass, crappie, blue gill and the occasional flattie. I used to fish Pigeon Roost Creek a lot when I had a smaller boat. The area just up the arm from the ramp on the west side was usually pretty good.:big_smile:

3. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Welcom to the BOC William. You will get all the info you can handle on here. A lot of great people on here.

Tom

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC William.

5. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    William, welcome to the BOC/SOC :cool2:, best catfishing site on the web! Be sure to check out the library, a lot of good info in there.

6. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    You can catch lots of channels using a bobber rig with minnows fishing off the bottom in the timber.Southfork and Northfork are the best bet.Good luck.:big_smile:

7. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    welcome to the boc

8. bluetick1897

bluetick1897 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Drift fishing the flats can be a blast up there in the late evening and at night.

9. jlcperformance

jlcperformance New Member

State:
    moberly, missouri
    i have a lot of luck on south fork running along the rocks and in the back of coves near timber. always be on the lookout for shad jumping around. if u find the baitfish the fish will be nearby.

10. Burwell40

Burwell40 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I'm only a couple of hours from Mark Twain. We went down in July, but the water was so ridiculously high that we couldn't really have a fair look at the fishing. We like to wind drift and/or troll. What's September/October like for drifting for blues at Mark Twain?

Mike.