Mark Twain

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by killmore, Oct 12, 2009.

1. killmore

killmore New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Does anybody fish Mark Twain this time of year for blues? any good guides out there on M.T.

2. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Hope you do some good there Dave. I've never fished that area but one day I'd really like to. Heard alot of good about it.

3. Fishin'_Fool

Fishin'_Fool New Member

State:
    Moberly MO
    Although there are blues in MTL, it is not known to be a good producing lake for them. It seems that I read on here a while back that someone posted about a creel survey done at MTL over a two day period on a good portion of the lake versus a large cove on Truman over a 2 hour period and there were a lot less blues found at MTL. I do know that people do catch them on a regular basis, but they aren't as abundant as you might think. Doesn't matter though, does it...fishing is fishing!!!

GOOD LUCK!:big_smile:​

4. 1 catbuster

1 catbuster New Member

State:
    Union Mo
    Mark Twain is better for flathead have pulled some nice blues out of sandy creek:wink:

5. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    I was at MTL a couple weekends ago, but we were not targeting Blues. Crappie was our fish of choice and we ended up putting over 100 nice ones in the boat over a two day period. It really surprised me how good the crappie were this late in the year.

I fish MTL a good bit though and it is true what has been said...really a better flathead lake than anything else.

6. fisherman_21

fisherman_21 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    how good is the catfishing and crappie fishing/ what are crappie biting on? what are catfish biting on? where are they biting at? is the lake up?

7. fisherman_21

fisherman_21 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    anybody doing any good? what they biting on? is the lake up? are crappie biting? are the catfish biting? where they at on the lake? anybody fishing near 24 ramp? anybody fishing by route u? anybody fishing northfork? anybody fishing the bridges for crappie? are there any nice fish being caught? any information is good. are the ramps filling up fast? where everybody putting in at? using chicken liver, worms, shad or cutbait? tell me boys how it is at mark twain right now please.

8. killmore

killmore New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thank you for the information the people on this site are really helpfull. I may be heading to Truman instead. possibly on Sat the 7th.

9. RRRKKK

RRRKKK New Member

State:
    Quincy IL
    Try clarence Cannon Dam .com or south Fork Resort they both have lake levels, and fish reports. Lake is still very high, some regular ramps closed and they are useing the high water ramps. Normal pool is around 599 last I checked it was 624, thats on 16,400 acres of water. So its a whole new find them game especially crappie. hope this helps!