Mark Twain

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by mocatman, Jun 30, 2009.

1. mocatman

mocatman Guest

Hey guys just bought a boat and finally getting out on the lakes like i have always wanted to. I have set my sights on getting good at cattin in mark twain, Anybody have any tips on trying to find out what they are doing late summer fall. I went out last weekend back in southfork and pole fished by some trees with no luck. I have heard they are nesting now, So does that shut em down for a while?

2. Bigbluefisherman

Bigbluefisherman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Yes, If they are on the nest, they won't hardly bite at all. They should be about done in the lakes though I would think. I'm not much on lake fishing for Catfish, but I do know they nest in lakes before they nest in rivers.

3. jlcperformance

jlcperformance New Member

State:
    moberly, missouri
    just got back from mark twain yesterday and yes the fishing has slowed down. caught a 17 lb blue and she was full of eggs so it will probably be slow for the next couple of weeks. i live here in moberly so give me a shout some time and we can run up there one of these days and get into some fish. i have a boat also so if u dont wanna take yours we can take mine.

4. mocatman

mocatman Guest

Hey jeff that sounds good, Lets go out and give em a run sometime. I am just south of ya in Harrisburg so if you ever want to go give me a shout.

5. jimmykemper

jimmykemper New Member

State:
    Sturgeon, Misso
    i caught 12 blue cats last weekend. i fished shallow and the biggest one was 4 #

6. jimmykemper

jimmykemper New Member

State:
    Sturgeon, Misso
    whats up corn dog

7. jimmykemper

jimmykemper New Member

State:
    Sturgeon, Misso
    thats a nice one carny

8. Fishin'_Fool

Fishin'_Fool New Member

State:
    Moberly MO
    Hey Jeff, count me in if you go on the weekend...if you have room in your boat, that is!!

9. jimmykemper

jimmykemper New Member

State:
    Sturgeon, Misso
    hey jimmy, how did you guys end up doing up there. me and tone and kelly ended up with 12 all together