mark twain this weekend

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by jlcperformance, Apr 30, 2009.

1. jlcperformance

jlcperformance New Member

State:
    moberly, missouri
    thinking about hitting mark twain this weekend...this high water should really turn the fish on up there. what do u guys think?

2. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo
    Jeff I was at Tombstone Tackle this a.m. and they were talking about guys slaying the cats up there! You should do good.

3. jlcperformance

State:
    moberly, missouri
    thats what some of the old timers around here have been saying, i think im gonna head up there saturday afternoon....gonna start watchin this weather and see what i can find out as far as the rain....might end up just packin up the rain gear and goin for it anyways...i got the fever pretty bad right now.

4. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Mark Twain is on fire when the water is coming up. Not so much just when the water is high...it's gotta be rising. If the water is moving, and looks like a chocolate milkshake, that's when you will slay them up there.

5. beshears

beshears Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    We had a wonderful week on Mark Twain. One evening we had 20 fish including a 53, a 42, and two Flathead in the 30 lb range. Also a 34 lb Blue later in the week. I will post picture as soon as I can get to Wallyworld.:smile2::crazy::big_smile: The 53 and 42 were side by side on one line.

6. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Just be careful guys. It is gonna be amateurs weekend out there. Lots of weenies who only boat one day a year. Mix in a case or two of beer and you have a recipe for disaster.

7. jlcperformance

State:
    moberly, missouri
    called today to try to reserve a campground at the state park and it is already booked for this weekend......u guys know of any other campgrounds that u have really liked....ive never really gone anywhere else but there and was wondering what r some other good campgrounds that some of u guys have been too. would like to be near south fork or north fork maybe lick creek since that is the areas i am most familiar with any help would be appreciated. plan on taking a camper so electric will be needed.

8. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo
    Are you allowed to sleep/camp on any of the islands or in your boat in a cove??

9. jlcperformance

State:
    moberly, missouri
    no camping on any of the land or islands but i dont see how the can stop u from sleeping in your boat...i usually see a lot of small houseboats and pontoons with the canvas around them anchored in coves late at night when im fishing....id say one of those tent cots would be the action in a normal ol' fishin boat. i guess im gonna stay at the windmill resort (bout the only place that had anything decent left for this weekend) hopefully we get us a few nice ones....good luck to all of u that head out this weekend and be especially careful with all the ppl headin out this weekend

10. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo
    Jeff I will fish with ya on the next one! I have to work saturday and monday so I won't make it down this weekend.Be ready for some Mo. river fishing in June we'll camp on the sand bars and wont' have to pay for a camp site! Good luck this weekend!!

11. jlcperformance

State:
    moberly, missouri
    yeah in june i plan on hittin it real hard so lets get our schedules planned ahead and see if we can get somethin figured out....the only thing i know i have goin on is a bachelor party on june 6th in st. louis...other than that im open for the rest of the month