Mark Twain Status

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by QuincyFisher, May 3, 2006.

1. QuincyFisher

QuincyFisher New Member

State:
    Quincy,Illinois
    Hey me and some other BOC members are going down to Mark Twain this weekend to do some catfishing and crappie fishing. I was just wondering if anyone knows if the crappie have started spawning yet? Or do you think all this rain will have any effect on the bite. And finally if anyone has had any luck with jugs and trout lines down there. Thanks for any info.

2. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    From what I can gather, the cold fronts and rain will push the crappie back out away from the banks, assuming they were up on the banks already.

I'd look for them in about 10 ft of water. If you don't find them there, go farther out - look maybe in 20 ft of water, 10 ft down.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

3. QuincyFisher

QuincyFisher New Member

State:
    Quincy,Illinois
    I'm pretty sure we will be fishing lick creek? If you know anything about this place plz share!

4. Rockin' Blues

Rockin' Blues New Member

State:
    st.louis mo.
    fished lick crek tues,caught about 100 between me and another guy only 6 over 9 inches 1-11 inches, went to north fork wednesday,again caught about 100 with 15 over 9 inches,thurs went to south fork again about 100 with 13 over 9 inches.the females are on the banks it seems like the coves and the less steep grade banks are the best.good luck:0a23:i used jigs the other guy used just minnows both worked well

5. QuincyFisher

QuincyFisher New Member

State:
    Quincy,Illinois
    Thank you I'll tell you how we do.