Mark Twain rod and reeling?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by duck_killr, Feb 28, 2006.

1. duck_killr

duck_killr New Member

State:
    il
    I have ran lines on mark twain: and i have had some pretty good luck. however i need help on my rod and reeling in the lake. which parts are good, what structures do i need to look for, and what is your favorite baits. :cool:

2. catman872

catman872 Member

State:
    missouri
    What kinda catfish are you going after? I would like to target some blues and channels on rod and reel too since flathead fishing that lake is better suited to trotline and limb lines in my opionin.

3. duck_killr

duck_killr New Member

State:
    il
    i would like to target some big blues on this lake, that is my goal for this year, i have been reading a lot of articles about drifting and other methods for lake fishing.

4. jdog

jdog New Member

State:
    mo.
    i know a guy that catches some big un's by the dam

5. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    There are some spots that are awesome close to the boat ramp near South Fork. Just find the 8-12 foot water coming off the deep water and hold on. God bless.

6. davemo

davemo New Member

State:
    mo
    Hey asasin can ya give us mark twain newbies any general tips for where ya find the cats besides the southfork tip??? any tips or areas would be appreciated thanks

7. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Anyone Use the Boat Ramp at the end of highway BB....
    I heard its not that nice of a ramp, but Im curious if anyone uses it..

8. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

Been there once(boat ramp at BB), and it's full of stumps and snakes. Looks like a great place to put in a john boat, and float jugs or put in bank poles.

Ray

9. micus

micus New Member

State:
    Lake St. L
    I used to use it a lot when I had a 14' w/6hp. It's too shallow for a bigger boat. I have seen people get into trouble, especially when the water is as low as it is now. It's good fishing.

10. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    My Mom and Pop just bought 6 acres up the road from it, Aunt uncle got 6 across the street from them, so ill be seeing it alot this summer hehe.. Hopefully making a scouting run down there soon :rolleyes:

11. jolle

jolle New Member

State:
    O'Fallon, MO
    We've done really well catching big flats on setlines, and plenty of good channels and blues on jugs floated over the flats with shad. However, I haven't had much luck when drifting the flats in the daytime with shad. Don't know why, as I've tried the methods used on other reservoirs. There are plenty of good flats out there and they can be dynamite for the blues at night, with a load of jugs floating across. Biggest blue we've caught has only been about 13 and we're searching for bigger. We've figured out the flats and have caught many over 30, biggest being 52.

Good luck and get at 'em.