Mark Twain Lake

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by FLOAT TRIP WILLIE, Aug 3, 2007.

1. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    GOING TO MARK TWIAN LAKE THE WEEKEND OF THE 17TH
    DO ANYONE HAVE ANY GOOD TIPS ON WHERE TO GO & WHAT TO LOOK FOR.
    ANY ADVICE WILL BE VERY HELPFUL NEVER BEEN THERE BEFORE.:embarassed:

2. Missouribreaks

Missouribreaks New Member

State:
    missouri
    I strictly crappie fish in mark twain, but here's a little info i picked up. Get a map too.

Catfish anglers can expect good fishing to continue this year. Many flathead catfish exceeding 25 pounds are caught each year on trot lines, bank lines, and jugs. Catfish anglers do best in the upper portions of North Fork, Middle Fork, and South Fork arms.

3. catfish77

catfish77 New Member

State:
    Mo (St. Charles area)
    Depends on where your going. My dad lives down there so I fish there probaly 9-10 times a year. This year weve got 5 in the 30's. Lots in the mid teens and twentys. Ive seen alot caught in the 40-50 range there too, just not mine. Blackjack Marina is where we put in at. If your by that area, when you pull out, to the left( I think, but you'll see it)there is a bridge. Cant remember the name, but its very close to the marina. If your facing the marina, the bank on the right is real go for big flats. Within 5' of shore its like 30'deep. At night use a slip bobber around 4-5'deep. The big ones are in the holes in the rock bank. Thats where we catch the biggest ones. Heck, I even fish that blackjack marina when My dad won't take the boat out. About a month ago, I caught some good ones there with goldfish/perch for bait. One was around 12-15-lbs. Straigt down from the dock. Ive had good luck there just fishin in the coves. Also look for the beggining of the coves. Where one side of the bank is rock running up to dirt on the other side. I fish that point. Good Luck. There's good ones there. They caught some there in the 60-70s too. Check out the website. Bagnell dam.com I think thats right. Youll see alot of big ones. I think I'm on there a coulpe of times..

4. catfish77

catfish77 New Member

State:
    Mo (St. Charles area)
    Sorry willie. The website is www.cannondam.com I'm not sure where I got bagnel but oh well. Good luck . They also have good maps and fishing reports on there.....

5. steveg442

steveg442 New Member

State:
    missouri
    We were there about two weeks ago. I can tell you that the Game Wardens are very active. I saw 8 to 9 guys getting busted for their daily limit. Good luck.