Mark Twain Lake this weekend

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by skipjackking, Mar 12, 2007.

1. skipjackking

skipjackking New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Headin out for the lake friday morning, i was wondering should i fish the flats and how deep? Dont usually fish in this cooler weather but i got to go i cant stand it anymore! What bait should i use.

2. davemo

davemo New Member

State:
    mo
    Depends on what species yer after.Flats arent quite out of hibernation mode yet i think.I have been wanting to try drift fishing the upper areas of the north fork myself for channels.Find an area thats about 10 ft deep with a creek running into the back of it,north shore if possible or a wind blown flat with some dead shad in it and you should connect.

3. skipjackking

skipjackking New Member

State:
    Missouri
    ill try that is there a few blues with any size in mark twain?

4. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    There are some pretty good blues in Mark Twain. I have had a lot of success on flatheads there, but I haven't caught that many blues, mainly because I fish for flatties. I have had the best luck on blues with shad or leeches. I'd try trotlining a deep hole or rod and reel. Good Luck!

5. STICKBENDER

STICKBENDER New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Blues are prtty scarce compared to most, Truman or LOZ. When lake was first opened there were a ton of blues from river and prestocking of lake. Since initial filling of Mark Twain blues have not reproduced to a substainable level. And set liners have pretty much wiped out the initail stocking. You can catch a few and there are still pretty good ones but you will go hungry most trips if you focus on blues.

6. STICKBENDER

STICKBENDER New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Blues are pretty scarce compared to most, Truman or LOZ. When lake was first opened there were a ton of blues from river and prestocking of lake. Since initial filling of Mark Twain blues have not reproduced to a substainable level. And set liners have pretty much wiped out the initail stocking. You can catch a few and there are still pretty good ones but you will go hungry most trips if you focus on blues.