Mark Twain Lake - Headin out tommorow

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by skipjackking, Mar 22, 2007.

1. skipjackking

skipjackking New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Goin to mark twain lake tommorow wish me luck if i have any i will let yall know.:wink:

2. KGK20

KGK20 New Member

State:
    MISSOURI
    My uncle lives on mark twain says the crappie are biten pretty good in 6 to 8 feet of water. cant wait until may to start catchin flaties again

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Good Luck!!! Let us know how you did and take pics of the monsters!

4. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    Good luck Craig. I hope you hook big enough to almost pull you in..LOL. Please post when you return. I don't live that far from Mark Twain I would like to give it a try sometime.

5. KGK20

KGK20 New Member

State:
    MISSOURI
    not to let any secerts out but mark twain has to be one of the best spots to catch big flatheads. I have a camper up there and fish about 2 weekends a month last memorial weekend me and a buddy caught a 54 lb 55lb and a 59lb and a few in the 20's i have been fishin there since i was a little a least 20 years my uncle has a farm up there.

6. skipjackking

skipjackking New Member

State:
    Missouri
    well it didnt turn out to bad we caught lots of eatin size crappie but very few cats just a little bit longer and i think they will be out an about water temp about 54 degrees. wont be long. ill post pics soon as i can.

7. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    Keith,
    Did you catch those on rod n reels?

8. skipjackking

skipjackking New Member

State:
    Missouri
    yes in about 15 feet water on the flats next to the channel, we set a trotline but no luck other people were settin out jugs dont know if they did any good or not

9. natefishing

natefishing New Member

State:
    missouri
    Try crappie fishing near the dam, in licking creek, in the coves and catfishing near bridges and in licking creek. best of luck to you alll. any pictures of fish and your alls boat