mark twain lake fishing

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by fisherman_21, Oct 28, 2009.

1. fisherman_21

fisherman_21 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    where are they biting? are the crappie nice size? are the crappe biting? are the catfish biting? what is everybody using to catch crappie and catfish? where is everybody going on the lake? is the lake up or down? what is the water temperature? is the boatramp at route u any good to put in at? well let me know how their biting and any information you have on fishing there? please let me know.

2. moriver

moriver New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Nathan

Dont forget most guys have put in hard work and time on the water to learn the answers to your questions. Work on your relationships with the people here and put in some time. With times comes knowledge grasshopper.......:wink:

3. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC Nathan… Your approach here on this cat fishing site is that of a bass fisherman and they would be more than happy to sell you every widget out there that catches fish… here, when we go fishing we give a fishing report… there’s lots of info, you just have to look for it and sort through it just like anyone must do on the water to catch fish… I fish Mark Twain abit and if I were going there soon I’d look at the South Fork fishing report as well as the history files here… What we share here is what we all learn from, that is what equips us to in our learning curve, just have to want to learn, the info is around… for pat answers, go to 95% of the tackle stores out there and they will sell you on their bass fishing… for wanting to learn about catfishing, hang around this site and do the footwork needed for any research, plus you’ll find there’s a great bunch of folks here that have a passion for catfishing… there’s a fork in the river ahead for you, hope to see ya on here more.

4. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    fish the gun range side down by the fence and let the current carry it way out there with fresh cut or a live gill. Good fish there :wink:. Or to score on eaters use shad guts or worms just let the current move it around and pay out line slow in the back wash.

5. ultramindbrk

ultramindbrk New Member

State:
    Missouri
    1.All over
    2.Yes and No
    3.Yes and No
    4.Yes and No
    5.Name it
    6.Ive seen people fish every inch of it
    7.Couldn't tell ya,but I would guess in the 50's
    8.Considering it has been raining non-stop for over a week,I would imagine.
    9.Boat ramp U is perfect..

Hope I helped without being too much of a smartass... :eek:oooh:
    But this post was thee absolute most questions I have ever seen ask..

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  6. Fishin'_Fool

Fishin'_Fool New Member

State:
    Moberly MO
    The boat ramp at hwy U is nice but there are no lights, so you better take a GPS with you if you're gonna fish at night. Shad are fairly abundant, so that is generally the bait of choice, although people do really well using nightcrawlers at certain times. For flatheads you should probably stick with live perch. Most of the bigger fish seem to come from the upper ends of the feeder arms, but good fish are caught all over the lake. As far as the water being high...I'm pretty sure with all the rain we've had that it's gonna be way up. Hope this helps!!!

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  7. beshears

beshears Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Lake is up 10 feet plus this week.

8. jlcperformance

jlcperformance New Member

State:
    moberly, missouri
    dont forget that between the rt. U boat ramp and highway 154 bridge on the elk fork is closed for waterfowl refuge so be careful where u go as u dont wont to get caught in there this time of year:eek:oooh:

9. Motopro00

Motopro00 New Member

State:
    Festus, Missouri
    well said. i second that. and welcome to the boc.