mark twain lake fishing trip

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by joer, Mar 18, 2009.

1. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo
    Well we spent +5 hours fishing on sunday and caught 0 fish! We were able to find shad rather quickly and even fished below where the shad were running and still had no luck. We put in at the U boat ramp and fished from 50-15 ft of water with fish showing on the graph but still no hook ups. We fished skippys, cut shad, shad fillets, guts, skippy fillets and heads!:confused2: We drifted and anchored. Fished flats and drop-offs. Can anyone tell me what tactics you use on a lake this time of year. That's just a long time of not catching anything. :angry:

2. headbanginhillbilly

headbanginhillbilly New Member

State:
    holden,missouri
    that sucks! we went out locally sat. and mon. used cut bluegill, had the same luck.

3. jlcperformance

jlcperformance New Member

State:
    moberly, missouri
    what time of day were u fishing? iv never caught fish there til later at night prolly starting around 9 or 10 all the way to 3 or 4 in the morning

4. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo
    Jeff we fished between 11 am and 5 pm. I don't plan on fishing there again anytime soon. I will hit it again in April. I am off on wednesday's so I may give you a call to see if you want to go?

5. jlcperformance

State:
    moberly, missouri
    sounds like a plan im always up for a trip

6. Quackheadjh

Quackheadjh New Member

State:
    Missouri
    My cousin is bass fisherman and he fishes Mark Twain alot. He always calls me this time of year and sends pics of the flatheads he catches while fishing. I know he using a jig or jerkbait this time of year, but he always seems to catch a couple of really nice flatheads.

7. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Try fishing shallow mud flats, 1-5 feet deep, thats where they're being caught on Truman and Lake of the Ozarks. Chris

8. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo
    Thanks Joe and Chris. I did notice some fish holding shallow but I thought they were bass so we did'nt fish them. I guess I did not pay attention to water temp. This might of told me alot more. Thanks for the info.

9. Quackheadjh

Quackheadjh New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I am trying to figure out how to upload these photos. I have one of a 54 pound flathead with a purple jig & pig hanging out fo its mouth that my buddy cuaght up their.

10. jlcperformance

State:
    moberly, missouri
    there are definately a lot of big flatheads to be caught out of mark twain, i have good luck back by where the salt river runs into the lake, the only problem is all the timber in that part of the lake, and u know how flatheads love timber. but boat hulls and lower units dont seem to care for it quite as much.