Mark Twain Lake drift fishing - advice anyone?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by jody25, Nov 5, 2008.

1. jody25

jody25 New Member

State:
    missouri
    went drift fishing on mark tawin &had no luck.
    we used shad and drifted servale locations. it was my second time& both times i have had no luck . any suggestions

2. Manny

Manny New Member

State:
    Arnold, Mo
    Im no expert on drifting, but I usually fish the wind blown sides of the lake. This is where the food would be. If the food is being swept to one side the active cats will follow. There are probably more factors involved that someone else might chime in on. Are you drifting slow enough? Are you using the natural bait from that area? Today i used two drift socks and still had trouble staying on course. I didnt even catch any cats where i usually caught them in the deeper holes on the drift. But it was a 8 foot deep flat. Could be the weather period, it cant decide what its going to do. I believe the cats are in a transition. Do we gorge are selfes or what.

3. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Well Jody I can't help U out on MTL but I can say WELCOME to the BOC/SOC.Have never fished the lake it's self but I know some of the members on here do.I'm sure they will chime in sooner or later.
    Just keep on trying and they will come.
    So anyway WELCOME to the BOC Family!!

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Don't give up. You'll get into them sooner or later. Welcome to the BOC.

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Welcome to the BOC, this site is full of good info and great people.

I suggest doing more research here on the BOC and then taking it slow

6. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    i have bank fished mtl with decent results but never drift fished it.welcome to the boc.

7. jlcperformance

jlcperformance New Member

State:
    moberly, missouri
    how deep were u guys fishing? what part of the lake? ive never really tried drifting mtl but i know ppl that do and have really good luck. i know they usually have pretty good luck drifting the flats up near south fork boat ramp in late september early october. also what r u using for bait? i only have good luck at mtl with fresh shad. anything else just doesnt seem to give u as much action. i dont even usually cut it just use whole shad. well i hope i could give u some help. let me know how u do.

8. jody25

jody25 New Member

State:
    missouri
    we fished 30ft 0r so & used fresh shade sides