Mark Twain Lake 7/24-7/26

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by mjdinstl314, Jul 22, 2009.

1. mjdinstl314

mjdinstl314 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Anyone have any good tips for fishing Mark Twain. What is the bite like this time of year? Are they out of spawn? We are going this weekend coming up 7/24-7/26. I have been told Pigeon Roost Creek or the north and south fork? We are looking for blues and flats. Planning on running a couple of trot lines and maybe doing a little jugn. Taking the kiddos so hoping to boat some nice fish. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You!

2. jlcperformance

jlcperformance New Member

State:
    moberly, missouri
    flats will be in the shallows use perch, goldfish, or bullhead....i have a lot of luck catching blues off of points or throw your jugs in deep water and run your bait about 2-3 ft below the jug and have seen some nice 20lbers come like that also. good luck i think there might be a few of us guys from the boc down there so let us know where your camping or whatever and ill see if i can make it over that way.

3. mjdinstl314

mjdinstl314 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I think we are staying at the Windmill Resort. Thank you for the help.

4. jlcperformance

jlcperformance New Member

State:
    moberly, missouri
    great place to stay that is where i normally stay, there r a couple of guys on the boc that have permanant sites there so im sure they can help u out look for them in a big deck boat with a 150 horse on it. i usually put in at the ramp on U about a mile from there, lots of good cover around there for flatties and deep water for blues also lots of flats that hold fish at night. good luck and i will pm u my number so maybe i can meet up with u one of those nights.

5. jimmykemper

jimmykemper New Member

State:
    Sturgeon, Misso
    i sent you a privet message with my number. so give me a call and i will be at mark twain all weekend long