Mark Twain in Hannibal

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by RiverKid, Aug 25, 2008.

1. RiverKid

RiverKid New Member

State:
    Illinois
    My first time going here. and to be fishing from a boat on a lake this year. Suppose to leave in two weeks for three days. Just wondering if anyone has any helpful tips or Hot Spots they could share so I may chant annoying bragging rights to both of my Uncles :) . Thanks everyone.

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Welcome to the BOC this site is full of good info and great people. I am sure that someone knows your area. Good luck

3. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Mark Twain Lake? Yeah, I got some tips. Are ya gonna be strictly rod and reel, or are ya gonna set lines? If I were you, I would put in at the Stoutsville ramp, and motor up into north fork. Keep going until you go under the HWY 24 bridge...and keep going. You will go around a few bends, and past a few mud flats. Keep going until you see rock cliffs on the right side of the channel, and flooded timber on the left. Fish in and along the channel on the rock side. There is some timber there too. On the other side of the channel, there is lots of flooded timber, and mud flat bank. If you set lines, tie off both ends on a tree or log, and span the channel. Sink it enough as to not interfere with boat traffic, but I would keep it off the bottom so the fish won't die in unoxygenated water. You should catch mostly blues. You might get into some flats closer to the bank. I would fish with either shad or perch, or both. I haven't had much luck with goldfish up there. Some may disagree, but shad and perch will out fish goldfish any day in that lake, and they are free.

I haven't fished there this year since the water has been so high. I hear it's back down now. Right now is a good time to go imo. Good luck!

4. RiverKid

RiverKid New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks Bud. I appreciate that. I'll be strickly rod and reel as this is hopefully going to be a problem free vocation. If their is such a thing. Agian thank you.