Mark Twain breaks old record

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by micus, Jul 27, 2008.

1. micus

micus New Member

State:
    Lake St. L
    The Corp of Engineers says the lake is as full as it gets and anything more coming in will have to go out just as fast. They have issued an immediate prepare for evacuation advisory for below Clarence Cannon Dam.

2. noj77

noj77 Member

State:
    Saint Peters, M
    It has jumped up 13 feet in only 3 days. Amazing:crazy:

3. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Yeah, and we had a bunch of rain last night. The flooding is getting to be rediculous. Alot of fish will live to grow another year though. :wink:

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I pray that noone has to evacuate. Good luck and I hope that everyone stays safe

5. jolle

jolle New Member

State:
    O'Fallon, MO
    I was about to head up on Saturday, but a buddy cancelled so I went out on the river instead. Good call, b/c it rose 5 feet just that day! Incredible, I'd like to see it.

We caught a few small ones on the river, biggest being a 10# flat I caught. He felt good in that current!

6. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I think the fishing is going to be awesome this fall.

7. GUP

GUP New Member

State:
    Washington, MO
    Some lake info....My Dad lives at Monroe City and he drove around the lake today. He said at the 107 bridge you may be able to get a kayak under, but that's it. The water is lapping the beam at railroad bridge by highway 24 at Stoutsville. You could still put in at the old roadbed north of 24 at Stoutsville, but you could only go up Salt River. I think he said all of the highwater ramps are closed now. He said the level was at 639.2!!!! That's up there. He also said the water below the dam was covering the parking lot where they have the rodeo. He called a guy he knows that works at the dam. He said they are letting out 88,000 cu ft per second starting at midnight tonight. He said the rereg dam is wide open and won't let out much more than this.

8. jolle

jolle New Member

State:
    O'Fallon, MO
  9. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Thanks for sharing the photos John. Great pictures but it is a shame to see the water so high.

Tom

10. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Man, I was there a couple of weeks ago, and couldn't even get on the lake, it was so high. But this is unbelievable. I dunno if them are asians or not. Last year I was at the rereg dam, and there were big schools of gizzard shad jumping, and we were snagging them.:wink:

11. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
  12. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Well it looks like something good is coming from the high waters... hope it thins out the swallows so the crappie fishing below the bridges will be a little cleaner. :smile2:

13. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I heard a rumor that if the water goes past 640, they are gonna knock out a section of Rt. J, and let the water flow into a gully. Not sure if it true or not. More rain in the forcast for tonight. :sad2:

Also, there are Asian carp in the lake already. Had plenty of them try and jump in the boat with us. First I saw of them was 2 years ago. :angry:

14. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    Thanks for sharing pic.I myself am plum sick of the high water can hardly catch a good fish on the rod&reel to save my life,nothing descent anyways.hope everyone that way stays safe from the high waters.

15. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    They are showing pics and a story about MTL on Kansas City (Fox 4)
    Ch.4 news today.

16. micus

micus New Member

State:
    Lake St. L
    The lake was reopened for boating Monday. High water ramps only. It's at 629 and dropping.

With the water falling like it is, how would the fishing be? Any ideas?:tounge_out: