Mark Martin

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by zappaf19, Feb 10, 2007.

1. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Well with Mark not driving full time I just don't know who to pull for. Any ideas? and why.
    Bill

2. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    I'm with you. Don't know who to go with or for. Guess I'll wait and see. They was saying on Speed Channel that he is pretty much the favored one for Daytona in a couple of weeks

3. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    "...Well with Mark not driving full time I just don't know who to pull for. Any ideas?..."

Well, I guess its time to start pulling for a winner. :lol:

4. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Dang Diet, Mark never won a CHAMPIONSHIP, but he's still a winner in MY book. I'd like to see YOU get out there and accomplish what he has during his driving career :tounge_out:.

5. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
  6. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I know who I will be pulling for.Chicken Snake.Bobby Ginn as said he will back him as long as he wants to race. Today he looked like Sterling of old!2nd fastest today I wouldnt be supprised to see him in the 1st row come next Sunday. smokey

7. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm in the same boat! I like Edwards and Newman. Edwards for his winning attitude and always seems positive. He doesn't hold back at all drives to win...I like that. I also like Newman because his drives a lot like Martin does. He is respectful to drivers but I don't think he is getting the team support he needs to win.

8. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Bill, if i was you, go with one of the Indiana boys. Tony Stewart or Ryan Newman

9. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Walter good idea! Newman I could do that. Tony no I just have a problem with his temper tamtrums.
    Bill

10. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I look for Newman to break out of his slump this year and back in victory lane.

11. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I like attitude in racing. Reminds me of Dale Earnhardt.
    A man clips you, clip him back.
    After a while you'll get a nickname like "The Intimidator" and make a fat fortune at the souviner trailers.

A tantrum is all they have left since NASCAR lays heavy penalties on noggin smacking or using your helmet as a boxing glove ( Cale Yarborough).
    That one incident is what propelled cup racing to the tube every weekend.
    Drivers fighting.
    It's a politically correct sport now where its roots including the long time fan base isn't welcome anymore.

I dont know how many times I've heard the sport will never be the same without Dale and it holds alot of truth. He was the last gladiator that tried to keep the sport in touch of where it came from. Outspoken, a true a$$$ when the need arose, and knew what a bumper was for.
    I think the babies got switched at the hospital. Stewart is the closest thing to a Dale Earnhardt out there right now.

12. fishnfool68

fishnfool68 New Member

State:
    Near Tulsa Oklahoma
    Like so many Cup Championships,Mark does it all but win Daytona:sad2: I'll be over it tomarrow,but today I lament.At least I can be happy to see him not get wrecked,and finish strong.

13. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I think Jeff Gordon is an Indiana boy too! I know you're going to say he's not originally from Indiana,which is true,but where does he list as his hometown with Nascar? (Pittsboro,IN)

14. bsu_catfisher

bsu_catfisher New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, Indiana

He also tries to claim California as his home state. He lived in Indiana for a while but I believe he spent most of his life in California if I remeber correctly.

15. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    He moved from Cal. to IN because he could race sprit cars here and not in Cal. because of his age. Use to do sprits in brownsburg IN
    Bill

16. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    The 1st race that Mark is not going to race is Bristol. If he is in 1st or 2nd in points do you really think they will keep him out of a car?hmmmmm? NOT!!

17. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I thought Mark was going to be running the truck series full time this year. What happened to that?

18. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    If he wanted to claim California as his home state,he could certainly do it since he was born there,but he chooses to claim Pittsboro,In.as his home town. Sounds to me like there are some Hoosiers that don't claim him as one of their own! To each his own.

19. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Either way its of little matter.
    It has no bearing on the game.

Now if I remember right Jeff Gordon comes from a broken home. Mom lived in California dad lived in Indiana or vice versa. Knowing this just throws a big wrench in it. Maybe he should list it as California/Indiana.
    Who cares? He could be from Peru and would it make a difference?
    Its not going to change the fact he is one of the best drivers to ever come into the sport and for the record I dont pull for him. Being a Chevrolet man I would probally push a Ford across the finish line to keep Gordon from winning.

20. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    Could always go with Yates. A proven veteran in Ricky Rudd driving the 88. David Gillilam looks to be a promising rookie with an excellent crew chief in Todd Parrot.