Mark Fidrich

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by smokey, Apr 17, 2009.

1. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I thought this would have been covered all ready,but I didnt see a post.Mark "the bird Fidrich has passed. He was working on his dump truck,his clothes got cought in the pto.
    In 1976 he won 19 games. He was knowen for his anticks,like talking to the ball, talking to himself,cleaning off the pichers mound with his hands.He was a good down home boy. he drove a sub compact car.He lived in a small appt in down town Detroit. one of my favorite quots from him. "sometime I get lazy and let the dishes stack up.they dont get too high, I only got four dishes.

Rest in Peace BIRD
    smokey

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    The "Bird" will be missed. I had read he was working on his dump truck, but there were no details of the accident. That would be a rough way to go. He was my age. Thanks for the post.

Bill in SC

3. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    he was a young kid having a good time when he started pitching. to bad about the accident. i have never liked the tigers, but tried to watch when he was on the mound pitching for the show he put on.

4. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    i know bout the bird:wink:

5. lou_a

lou_a Member

State:
    Texas
    Boy i had not heard bout this..

He sure was a great pitcher and fun to watch for the short time he was on top of his game. RIP Bird.....

6. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I saw a game he pitched against the Yankees in 1976 on the MLB channel within the past month or so. He had great stuff and was exciting to watch. Sorry to hear about his passing.